PDA

View Full Version : Brakes halp!

Hazwan
05-06-2008, 08:44 PM
This isn't Accord related, hell its not even a Honda lol. Anyway. I replaced my dad's Feroza master brake cylinder as it was leaking past the rear seal since the bore is badly corroded/pitted with a new one. I did exactly what the manual said: drain all the fluid from front and rear, disconnect all the lines to the master, take it off, put a new back in.

I've manually bled the whole system using the 2 person method as I can't find any bleeding kits for like 100 times and the pedal still soft, which means theres still air in the system right?

I didn't bench bleed the new master as I don't have any spare lines around and couldn't find any kits:thumbdn: I thought it isn't really necessary since the manual didn't mention anything about bench bleeding the new master.

I know how to bleed, I've done it several times before and all working perfectly fine. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Hauntd ca3
05-07-2008, 12:15 AM
does sound like there is still air is the system.
did you make sure you bled the master cylinder properly?
i see that on a regular basis

Hazwan
05-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Thats what I thought. I'm sure I did that properly, but then its not too bad, just a little soft to my liking. I think I'll bleed again for few more times. I'm running out of brake fluid already!

Just needed to make sure that the master isn't b0rked.

bank2me
05-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Maybe you have a leak somwhere (brake lines) or somwhere else. Is air coming out of your bleeders?

Hazwan
05-08-2008, 03:25 AM
The weird thing is, the first time I open the bleeder screw, theres air bubbles coming out through the pipe, and then no more bubbles after 2nd time, same with all wheels. But as soon as I came back to the 1st wheel (rear), the bubble came out.. again!

But I've swapped the new reservoir with the old one, and the pedal feels firmer now, althrough it might need bleeding once or twice again since its already getting dark outside. I guess the new one doesn't seal well allowing some air coming in?

russiankid
05-08-2008, 03:53 AM
If you still have bubbles once opened then you need to keep on bleeding. When I helped a friend bleed his brakes, that is what we encountered. Luckily we had a lot of brake fluid so we kept on bleeding until the point where we cracked the bleed screw and open and a solid stream of fluid came out.

2oodoor
05-08-2008, 04:08 AM
bleed the longest line first, usually that is the RR wheel
You may have air in the MC, the brake pedal is not always set to get full travel of the plunger in the MC, thus is why we bench bleed them because if you dont there is an air pocket in the very tip of the MC>

Oldblueaccord
05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
^^^ yep what he said.

You can use metal brake lines and bend them around too.

wp

Hazwan
05-08-2008, 06:34 PM
bleed the longest line first, usually that is the RR wheel
You may have air in the MC, the brake pedal is not always set to get full travel of the plunger in the MC, thus is why we bench bleed them because if you dont there is an air pocket in the very tip of the MC>

RL you mean :)

I've bled the brakes again and everything seems fine now. Nice and firm pedal, just like before the old one leaks. I guess the new reservoir is the culprit. The cap seems a little loose. Oh well thats what I get for getting non genuine parts.

russiankid
05-08-2008, 08:41 PM
RL you mean :)

I've bled the brakes again and everything seems fine now. Nice and firm pedal, just like before the old one leaks. I guess the new reservoir is the culprit. The cap seems a little loose. Oh well thats what I get for getting non genuine parts.

Rear right is the furthest away from the MC.

Oldblueaccord
05-08-2008, 09:24 PM
I bet he drives on the wrong side of the road over there hence the meaning RL, rear left ? or im crazy.

wp

Hazwan
05-08-2008, 10:22 PM
I bet he drives on the wrong side of the road over there hence the meaning RL, rear left ? or im crazy.

wp

exactly! :D

russiankid
05-09-2008, 10:22 AM

wp

AH!! I totally forgot that cars over there are right hand drive.