PDA

View Full Version : EK Civic fog light install help

codyJDM
05-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I got the fogs and, and they are damn sexy. But I ran into the dilemma of never actually installing fogs before.. haha. I have wiring experience, but I just need a basic outline of what I'm gonna have to do. I have the relay, switch, and both harnesses for the install, anyone else with them wanna help me out? :thumbup: Thanks guys

And I just realized how many threads I make in appearance lmao, I guess Im just picky =P

EDIT: Im a dumbass and there was a writeup, sorry guys lol.

BITESIZE
05-07-2008, 01:55 PM
If you look at your fusebox under the dash, you will see some empty prongs that the power wire plugs into. Simply plug the power into that, ground wire the fog lights and they should light up.

codyJDM
05-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Oh awesome! Didnt know the fusebox was the same(havent been able to check to due my car being in the shop) Awesome, problem solved. Thanks bitesize. :thumbup:

BITESIZE
05-07-2008, 06:54 PM
That's how I wired up my universal fog lights the other day. They work great by plugging them into the fuse box. It's kind of a bugger to plug them into the fusebox. I have small hands so it was a little easier. Also the empty plug is at the top of the fusebox. I believe there are two empty spots you can plug stuff into. Thanks for the great thing "HONDA".

russiankid
05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Mine is just connected to the battery clamp. But since my brother did this install, he somehow managed to only allow the fogs to turn on when the parking lights turn on, so you won't forget them.:)

codyJDM
05-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Well the wiring issue is solved, but mounting to them to my bumper poses another problem. Theyre so fit for an EK that they have all these weird random things/mounting positions that just the Civic has. Im kinda stumped, which sucks because they would look so good.

bullard123
05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Well the wiring issue is solved, but mounting to them to my bumper poses another problem. Theyre so fit for an EK that they have all these weird random things/mounting positions that just the Civic has. Im kinda stumped, which sucks because they would look so good.
What about using some doublesided tape? I hear it holds up pretty good for small things like that

Civic Accord Honda
05-11-2008, 07:32 PM
What about using some doublesided tape? I hear it holds up pretty good for small things like that
ooooooo my old fogs came with dubble sided tape to install them held up great (Y)

Hazwan
05-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Can't you make the brackets yourself? They shouldn't be that complicated.

Any pics?