PDA

View Full Version : Would there be any interest in a top-notch reman TEC EFI distributor?

DBMaster
05-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Here is a pic. Let me tell you the tale of this unit. It was the third rebuilt I got from Hi-Test. Before I installed it I literally took it apart to the last component. I verified that the bearing and seal had been replaced as well as the springs in the centrifugal advance mechanism. I replaced the bearing grease with a better grade of molybdenum disulfide I had in the garage. I also reused the igniter from my original distributor as it was a bit cleaner than the one in the reman. I used a generous gob of silicone heat sink compound and made sure the rubber seal was in excellent condition. The big deal about what I did to this unit was obtaining bronze bushings for the advance weights and drilling the weights to work with the new bushings. The vacuum advance module is tested and working. The cap and rotor are used, but in excellent condition. I bought them from Majestic Honda so they are TEC brand parts. I also replaced the rubber o-ring seal under the cap. Of course, the O-ring at the bottom of the distributor is new as well. I ran this in my car for a week before accidentally finding a BRAND NEW distributor on eBay.

Basically, I have almost $200 invested in this distributor. I am currently unemployed so I thought someone here might need this as much as I could use the money. Please feel free to ask questions and let me know if any of you would be willing to pay $200 for it. It is absolutely the soundest reman you are going to find anywhere.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1ul76/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/td10ndistributor.jpg

Oldblueaccord
05-11-2008, 07:55 PM
I like the idea. With a good warrenty I think you would do great with it.Testing it on your car is a great idea unless you know someone with e distributor machine that can check it out for you I cant think of a better way.

wp