PDA

View Full Version : Sanding

bank2me
05-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Pertaining to the $50 paint job.Does anyone know what the paint should look like before applying the turtle wax and after the final sanding? Maybe a flat look?

2oodoor
05-09-2008, 11:42 AM
there was really no need to start another thread bank'r

why don't you post some pics of what you got so far? Truely, wouldn't that be your intention, leaving something here for others to gain? Is that not the reason you start so many threads with attention getting icons and subjects?? if not then why.?
Post your progress with what it is you are doing with your "fitty dolla" paint job so we can all see your stages and you have the opportunity to share the knowledge and experience you get, trial by error or not man, it is all good..
From what you have been posting this past two weeks I really do not think you understand the concept of color sanding.
Of course it will be flat after you ultra fine sand, from there you are supposed to use a light rubbing compound and buff. Waxing will come much much later.

russiankid
05-09-2008, 11:59 AM
On another note, you're going to use Turtle Wax? In my opinion, I'd use something better like Mothers or Maguir's.

bank2me
05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
I will get some pics this weekend. I was going to use the turtle wax because that is what the charger guy and Partharty used.