PDA

View Full Version : speaker sizes interchangable?

newaccorddriver
05-10-2008, 02:45 PM
i just finished shopping for my stereo setup for my car since everything was on sale under one roof today. anyways, i picked up a full set of clarion speakers 2 years ago from the sale sale, and today i picked up a clarion 4 channel amp and deck.

anyways, i havent used any of the stuff yet since its all in their boxes still and i still havent finished my car yet. as far as sound quality goes, im not expecting too much, but i am expecting it to be much better then stock.

i bought a pair of 6.5" and a pair of 5.25" speakers and these were sized according to my 86 EX-i. since i bought elijahs 89 accord, will these speakers still work on it? for some reason, the sticky says that im supposed to get 6x9 speakers, so are one of my pairs of speakers garbage now?

ghettogeddy
05-10-2008, 02:52 PM
i just finished shopping for my stereo setup for my car since everything was on sale under one roof today. anyways, i picked up a full set of clarion speakers 2 years ago from the sale sale, and today i picked up a clarion 4 channel amp and deck.

anyways, i havent used any of the stuff yet since its all in their boxes still and i still havent finished my car yet. as far as sound quality goes, im not expecting too much, but i am expecting it to be much better then stock.

i bought a pair of 6.5" and a pair of 5.25" speakers and these were sized according to my 86 EX-i. since i bought elijahs 89 accord, will these speakers still work on it? for some reason, the sticky says that im supposed to get 6x9 speakers, so are one of my pairs of speakers garbage now?

you may still be able to use the 6.5 in the back
just might have to get some fiber board and make a 6x9cutout to bolt to the 6x9 pos thgen gut the 6.5 hole in the middle and mount to the board

MessyHonda
05-10-2008, 06:12 PM
i know that the lx-is from 86-87 got the 6.5 in the rear just like the lx...my 89 lx-i came with 6x9 but you can interchange them with the right bases

ghettogeddy
05-10-2008, 08:47 PM
i know that the lx-is from 86-87 got the 6.5 in the rear just like the lx...my 89 lx-i came with 6x9 but you can interchange them with the right bases

i forgot about that lol ya just get the pods from an lx

newaccorddriver
05-11-2008, 10:08 AM
i forgot about that lol ya just get the pods from an lx

all thats holding the speakers in are just some pods? i thought i would have had to replace the entire back portion for a second there

ghettogeddy
05-11-2008, 10:11 AM
all thats holding the speakers in are just some pods? i thought i would have had to replace the entire back portion for a second there

no lol the hole int he back is the size of the pod the pod is what holds the speakers

Demon1024
05-12-2008, 09:52 AM
the 89's got 6x9's! now i gotta find that too damn it.

ghettogeddy
05-12-2008, 10:17 AM
the 89's got 6x9's! now i gotta find that too damn it.

6x9's suck
stay with 6.5's