PDA

View Full Version : vacuum to manual secondary

durnut
05-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Hello, I plan on doing the vacuum removal on my 88 lx "AT MY OWN RISK". I found all the information I could possibly need except for the vacuum to manual secondary conversion. All I could find was a little drawing on one of the guides that just shows different sides of the tab, it can be seen in this link.

http://http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11067

Is that all I do, turn the tab around?

I tried searching for a "how to" on just the conversion but came up empty handed. I may just be looking in the wrong place but I dug through the site pretty well. I know the big thing here is to search for it yourself but i'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2oodoor
05-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I cant link to that link for some reason, to see what thread you were using.

try this http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11067

there is text description of what you are supposed to do

durnut
05-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I must apologize, i've seen that thread before and read through it. For some reason I Thought there was more too it. It was extremely simple. :cheers:

There should be no problem having a manual secondary setup without having done the vac romoval mod, correct?

2oodoor
05-15-2008, 06:05 AM
incorrect

I would not do it that way, the evil vacuum dispatcher affects mixtures during different conditions. The vacuum secondary is is not operable if certain conditions do not prevail, for a good reason.

Be very careful doing this mod because if it binds you could be looking at a WOT stuck position when you least expect it.

A18A
05-15-2008, 06:42 AM
Be very careful doing this mod because if it binds you could be looking at a WOT stuck position when you least expect it.

lol yup. learnt that the hard way

durnut
05-17-2008, 05:37 AM
hey all, thanks for the replys, i appreciate it. I just wanted to tell you that the manual secondary and the vac mod were done at the same time. There is a slight difference in power as well as a slight decrease in gas mileage, eh, I can live with it. I dont have the exact numbers on the loss yet but, i did get 350 miles from full to empty. No gas light had come on yet. I will post that when I have to fill back up. I will be looking into installing a manual choke back on the carb, it's rather difficult to keep running for about ten minutes. Again I want to thank you all for the information provided. By the way, what is WOT? Wide open throttle?

2oodoor
05-18-2008, 12:48 AM
WOT is wide open throttle yes
wOOt is not, but you can scream it at WOT but not if it is stuck, there is something else you say then OHSHIT

A20A1
05-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Yup over tightening of the throttle shaft nut or the throttle linkage getting stuck on itself is a problem. If you do the conversion add in a extra return spring to help unkink the secondary.

durnut
06-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Sorry for not posting sooner. I ended up having a problem with the secondary nut falling off, in turn caused the throttle to get bound up when it went to go into the secondary. Simple fix. before the mod, i got 350 miles per tank, i now get 320 miles per tank. A loss I can live with. :werd: My next couple of projects will include, headers, exaust and a cam.