PDA

View Full Version : Busted shit alert.

Ichiban
05-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I need help finding a new inside drivers door latch handle for my Accord. This winter, the door latches were frozen shut, and I stupidly forced the lock switch anyways, breaking it. As this one was my only unbroken one, and the Honda dealer can't get them, would somebody be able to look for one for me? OEM part # is 75530-SA5-003. I'm starting to get frustrated with having to use the key all the time to lock the door, and consequently have been leaving the doors unlocked at times I probably shouldn't. Any help appreciated!

forrest89sei
05-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Honda Parts Deals Has it:

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=75530-SA5-003&x=9&y=13&search_in_description=parts

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=112&hp_series_model=ACCORD&hp_series_year=1983&hp_series_door_ext_grade=3DR+LX&hp_series_transmission=5MT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=H&hp_component=B++5301

2ndGenGuy
05-13-2008, 05:32 PM
I can get one for you at the junk yard this weekend. Just the plastic piece that screws onto that metal rod is all you're looking for? Fuck I might have one or two in my garage. What color are you looking for? I think I can snag a grey one or two at the junk yard, as the spare I have is blue. There are also some brown and blue spares at the junk yard you could paint. I've broken a few of those myself. Also, the 3rd gen ones work just fine.

Ichiban
05-13-2008, 07:18 PM
No John, my door lock is actually part of the door latch handle. There is a silver switch that pulls on the lock rod, and the bottom is always broken. The one that came with my car was actually the only drivers side one I've ever seen that wasn't broken.

2ndGenGuy
05-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Oh right. Hatch locks are different. Well theres a couple 82-83 hatches at the junkyard in town. So I can still get you what you need.

evil88accordLX
05-14-2008, 07:14 AM
will the handle/lock from a crx work? the lock is on the handle, and i have one that isnt broken. what does yours look like, do you have a picture?

2oodoor
05-14-2008, 08:26 AM
there are a couple of nice 2g hatches in the local yard here, if this is not resolved by the time I go next time I can grab something anybody needs small like that.

http://www.pullapart.com/Inventory/SearchDetail.aspx Just got in two more in the last couple of weeks

Ichiban
05-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Yeah, John, see if you can find one that isn't busted. If you cant get one I'll talk to Roodoo. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a spare.

2ndGenGuy
05-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm all over it. Usually never more than a few bucks for parts. I'll just snag the whole handle and plastic shit and everything. Anything that's the wrong color, can probably be painted easily enough. Spares are good.

Ichiban
06-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Alls I need is the handle with lock thingy in place. Other wish list items include:

-Mint F+R 85 hatch bumpers. I want the one-piece look
-Rear disc prelude setup
-Rear swaybar
-Windshield trim (mine's brutalized)
-Prelude Si front hub flanges. (don't ask)

Ichiban
11-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Alls I need is the handle with lock thingy in place. Other wish list items include:

-Mint F+R 85 hatch bumpers. I want the one-piece look
-Rear disc prelude setup
-Rear swaybar
-Windshield trim (mine's brutalized)
-Prelude Si front hub flanges. (don't ask)

Still looking for decent windshield trim and swaybars. Have the rear disc's (havent installed them yet!) If I can get a good deal on the 2.5g hatch bumpers, I'll take them. Prelude Si flanges are in already as well.