PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet and ordered a weber kit!!

greentee76
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM
So I had this money uncle Sam gave me burning a hole in my pocket, and I was tired of trying to diagnose the damn feedback system. I went ahead and ordered me a redline weber 32/36 kit. Those of you that have done this please regail me with your stories of how much more fun the car is to drive, how much more power you have, and how much better your milage is. I'm just trying to get myself excited about this(not like I'm not giddy already.):rofl::thumbup:

MessyHonda
05-13-2008, 05:10 PM
i hate you....my dx needs one really bad. how much was the final cost...im doing an engine swap this weekend.

greentee76
05-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Got it from carbs unlimited 385$ shipped. hoping it gets here by friday but it looks like it won't be till next week:thumbdn:

conozo
05-14-2008, 07:09 AM
i got one on my automatic dx and its much better. I think you will get much better mpg in the winter and about the same in the summer. Its well worth the money.

2oodoor
05-14-2008, 08:13 AM
You will love it, yes it makes the car so much more enjoyable to have.
The only thing is yes, you may want to make MINOR idle air adjustments as the weather changes sometimes, takes every bit of three minutes to do and you dont even need any tools, you can turn the air mix screw with your fingers.

2ndGenGuy
05-14-2008, 08:17 AM
The Weber is great. Really makes you enjoy your car a lot more. Performs well, doesn't hurt your mileage, and definitely gives you a nice noise. :) Plus a lot less crap to diagnose. Not much to go wrong.

2oodoor
05-14-2008, 08:36 AM
I sitll have the oem carb on the DX 5 speed car and it is all the difference in night and day between that and my automatic car with the weber. Of course since I have three extra webers now I expect one will be making it's way to the 5 speed car very soon. I have been tolerating that runnaway idle for too long, but really doesn't bother me if I am only driving to work, I jump on the interstate before it gets to idle much. :) by the time I get to the city it is warmed up. :blah:

greentee76
05-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Plus a lot less crap to diagnose.
Yeah I was initially of the mindset that Honda knows what their doing so I need to figure out what is wrong with the system. But when components cost 100-200$ ea to replace and are getting harder to find all the time I decided in the long run the weber made a ton more sense.
I have been fighting a smoky startup issue that is somehow related to the feedback system. I am sure some of the problem is the 218k miles on the unit and I intend to rebuild it but didn't want to go through the expense and time and still have it smoke due to a FUBAR'd feedback system. This will eliminate alot of that worry.
I plan to keep this car for a long time and this addition will just make it that much better.
Thanks to everyone for their responses so far.