PDA

View Full Version : door handle installation

newaccorddriver
05-15-2008, 10:31 AM
well, i tried installing my door handle yesterday night, and ive run into a problem. apparently when i finished installing it, i couldnt actually open the door from the outside for some reason, but i am able to open it from the inside. anyways, ive looked into the entire assembly, and everything seems to be moving like it should, but my guess is the rod isnt getting pushed down deep enough. anyways, ive looked into adjusting that long nut connnecting the rod and the linkage together. the problem is that when im turning it, it gets loosened on one side, but at the same time, it gets tighter on the other side, so i cant actually make the rod get pushed down farther. for anyone know how i can get it to work?

newaccorddriver
05-15-2008, 11:48 PM
after 20 minutes of dealing with it, i finally got it done. didnt think doing a door handle was that hard:cheers:

turabaka
05-16-2008, 01:07 AM
yeah I replaced the plastic ones on my DX with metals ones about a month ago, and it was a pain in the ass.

newaccorddriver
05-16-2008, 07:13 AM
i was refering to the exterior door handle that lets you in the car. i kept putting it in right, but it wasnt adjusted properly. wasnt until i had to go to work that i finally figured it out.

MessyHonda
05-16-2008, 09:42 AM
lol i had to get my uncle to help me...cuz the lil plastic clip would not move so i could take off the rod. i even took out my window to help me. now i have no more key holes.

turabaka
05-16-2008, 04:16 PM
i was refering to the exterior door handle that lets you in the car. i kept putting it in right, but it wasnt adjusted properly. wasnt until i had to go to work that i finally figured it out.

yep I know you were. The exterior handles on the DX are plastic.

Civic Accord Honda
05-16-2008, 04:52 PM
yep i went from metal to plastic ones for mad tyte weight reduction

Dr_Snooz
05-16-2008, 05:31 PM
yep i went from metal to plastic ones for mad tyte weight reduction

Is the NeonAveoMetro for more weight savings?

;)

turabaka
05-16-2008, 05:45 PM
CAH you're a dumbass.

newaccorddriver
05-17-2008, 03:19 AM

wtf? they were metal at one time?:wtf:

MessyHonda
05-17-2008, 08:21 PM
wtf? they were metal at one time?:wtf:

i think all dxs came with plastic handles...and the lxi came with metal ones...once my friend broke mine....it was super cold like 30f(that is cold in the bay area) and the handle just broke so i changed it out with the rear door handles

newaccorddriver
05-18-2008, 12:03 AM
i think all dxs came with plastic handles...and the lxi came with metal ones...once my friend broke mine....it was super cold like 30f(that is cold in the bay area) and the handle just broke so i changed it out with the rear door handles

weird, i took my handles out of an EX-i, and it was plastic.