PDA

View Full Version : doors

88ctlxi
05-15-2008, 11:44 AM
hey everyone i was wondering if anyone had the drivers side door for a 2dr i posted a wanted ad in the trading post with no responce just trying to get a door bare bones and get it shipped to me i cant find any in the area at all if i could id have the car back on the road right now so please help!!!!!

88LXi68
05-15-2008, 11:46 AM
go to chuck and eddies in Southington and I think there are few junkyards in they terryville/plymouth area.

88ctlxi
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
yeah there are i just havent had the time to go out and look at other junkyards besides whats in my area theres toms in bristol they got all 4wd vehicles thats the only one i know about

markmdz89hatch
05-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Like Steve mentioned, Chuck & Eddies in Southington usually has the best selection of 3G's and is where i source the majority of my parts.

Give them a call if you really want to locate one: http://www.chuckandeddieusedautoparts.com/

if you end up going there on a Sat, shoot me a PM a few days ahead of time. I'd like to meet up w/ other CT members, and going to C&E's gives me an excuse to go scrounging for project parts.

88ctlxi
05-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Like Steve mentioned, Chuck & Eddies in Southington usually has the best selection of 3G's and is where i source the majority of my parts.

Give them a call if you really want to locate one: http://www.chuckandeddieusedautoparts.com/

if you end up going there on a Sat, shoot me a PM a few days ahead of time. I'd like to meet up w/ other CT members, and going to C&E's gives me an excuse to go scrounging for project parts.
sorry i probably will not be goin till this coming saturday depending on if i get paid or not so ill deff send you a pm when i am sure i am going down there ok talk to you soon:wave:

88ctlxi
05-20-2008, 08:34 AM
ps i did send a part search to chuck and eddies and hopefully i will get a responce in a day or two and ill let you know exactly when im going down there if they have what i want that is

markmdz89hatch
05-20-2008, 09:09 AM
call them. that's your best bet, it could take them forever to respond to a parts search request.

On that note, they have two distinct sections: One where you just ask for a part and they pull it for you. The other is their Pick 'N Pull section where you remove the parts yourself from the cars in the pick'npull section, and you def get away cheaper. you just have to do some work rather then having it handed to you.

88ctlxi
05-20-2008, 09:39 AM
call them. that's your best bet, it could take them forever to respond to a parts search request.

On that note, they have two distinct sections: One where you just ask for a part and they pull it for you. The other is their Pick 'N Pull section where you remove the parts yourself from the cars in the pick'npull section, and you def get away cheaper. you just have to do some work rather then having it handed to you.
yeah i figured as much hahaha ill get on the horn right now and this weekend is deff out memorial day race lime rock park i live only 10 mins from there so i kind of have to go you know from one car fanatic to the next haha but prolly most likely next weekend i really dont want to miss the first race weekend at lrp so many hott girls and cars cant go wrong you know plus i get free passes so.......

88ctlxi
05-20-2008, 10:13 AM
so i called them and they said they didnt have one but i got a refferal from alberts in thomaston to check at south windsor autoparts and they said on there website that they do have one in stock fopr 150 so i am going with them i think but the thing is if you wanted to meet me (mark) there hours are mon-fri 8 to 530 so i dont know if anytime would work for you but let me know ok

markmdz89hatch
05-20-2008, 11:49 AM
wait a sec. how do you get free passes? That's one way to make real quick friends with all the 3G guys here in CT. Steve, Rob, Hal, any comments here guys? Is it vintage day like other Memorial Day races in the past? I smell impromptu 3Geez (members at least) meet at LimeRock this weekend!

88ctlxi
05-20-2008, 06:19 PM
wait a sec. how do you get free passes? That's one way to make real quick friends with all the 3G guys here in CT. Steve, Rob, Hal, any comments here guys? Is it vintage day like other Memorial Day races in the past? I smell impromptu 3Geez (members at least) meet at LimeRock this weekend!
i have friends both in high and low places there my buddy is head of maintainance and my other buddy is a head mechanic at skippy so i could deff get a free pass for me ne ways ill have to ask him for future events if i can get us in but i will deff. talk to him asap about that for a future event like scca weekend or something along those lines you know what i mean cuz its hard to get a pass for me alone let alone you guys here on 3geez but i will deff ask for all of our ct members

88ctlxi
05-20-2008, 06:29 PM
so if i were to get tix to such an event what event would you want to see theres the northern new jersey scca weekend thats august 2nd any ct memebers need to list if they would want to come so i could get a head count on how many passes i would need ok thanks alot guys