PDA

View Full Version : I Hate This Freaking Car - Tranny Prob

UconnAccord
09-21-2002, 03:05 PM
OMG - I just put the second replacement tranny in my car after the first replacement I put in had a bad reverse synchro. NOW... I can't even get the car in reverse without shutting it off, shifting and then starting it up. Even with the "new" replacement tranny. MARK'S AUTO PARTS IN CONNECTICUT won't even take it back again cause they already exchanged it for the other broken one they sold me. PLUS IT SHIFTS LIKE A BITCH I have to RIP IT INTO GEAR TO SHIFT THE DAMN THING. I have screwed with the freeplay for hours on end with no positive results. It seems like all the synchros are frozen UP. Marks left it outside in the rain for like 4 months too. Its the only one I could find and now im stuck with one POS with live 500+ total hours of engine swap, steering repair, axles, clutch flywheel exhaust- WELL I HAVE REPLACED EVERYTHING - and now im stuck with a car that i am sick of working on. I can't believe I spent over 6000 dollars on it total with repairs. This really sucks. I almost want to cry. I owe my parents like a thousand bucks too and on top of it all my truck is broke. Life sucks, but I must just smile and bear it all. Thank you guys for listening to my rant. Oh well at least i have it down to pulling an engine and swapping on a new tranny is less than 4 hours now - i guess doing it 4 freaking times gets you a lot of practice.

Peace out and enjoy your working cars,

Daryl - Simsbury Connecticut

shepherd79
09-21-2002, 03:32 PM
ohh man, i think your trany is fine.
i have the same problem and the trany is still factory.
i don't think our tranies had synchro reverse. try shufting into 2 first and than to reverse. it works for me.

NewAKI
09-21-2002, 09:19 PM
UconnAccord : hey i know what ur feelin.... some of the other guys from the old ezboard know me cuz im the famous one that went through 5... yes 5 trannys LOL!

A20A1
09-25-2002, 06:56 PM
So how are things going now?

Neuspeed87lx
09-26-2002, 07:06 AM
marks auto parts is like 10 min away from me ...cool ...you ever go to marks cruise nights on mondays ?

damackz
09-26-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by NewAKI
UconnAccord : hey i know what ur feelin.... some of the other guys from the old ezboard know me cuz im the famous one that went through 5... yes 5 trannys LOL!

:werd: haha how can we forget lol