PDA

View Full Version : Are there any inexpensive flywheel options for us?

deevergote
05-17-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm swapping my engine for a new one. I plan on boosting the new engine. However, my clutch is shot, and I wouldn't doubt that the flywheel is toast as well. Ebay has always been good to me for such things regarding my 4th gen, but there are NO flywheels on there now! I've checked out ClutchNet, but they're too pricey for me at the moment.

Are there any places to go for a cheaper replacement? Lightweight or otherwise? I've been searching, and I can't find anything under $250! I'm hoping to spend less than $200 on an Exedy clutch (yes, I know turbo will probably tear that up quick... again, low on cash and this car has to be on the road!) The stock flywheel would need to be resurfaced at the very least, and I plan on pulling the old and dropping in the new in a single Sunday...so having that done isn't really an option.

deevergote
05-17-2008, 05:52 AM
I found this on Summit Racing:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ZZZ-50-215&N=700+115&autoview=sku

It's a Zoom OE replacement. I've heard decent things about Zoom. However, it says Accord 2.0L. No years given. The 4th gen DID come with a 2.0L in countries other than the US, and I can't tell for sure if it's a 3g or 4g unit! I already have a good flywheel in my 4th gen, so I wouldn't even need a backup if it's not for the 3g! lol

The Zoom site was totally unhelpful.

deevergote
05-17-2008, 07:24 AM
I bought one from Advance... we'll see if it's any good! $78, can't beat the price. It's just to hold me over anyway.

When I upgrade, I'll probably go with Clutchnet.

MessyHonda
05-17-2008, 08:33 PM
i went to a machine shop and they wanted 90 bucks to lighten a stock flywheel, 40 bucks to balance it and 40 bucks to resurface it. so it was 170....just to lose 5 pounds... cuz the stock one is 22 pounds.and he said its only safe to lower it just a pound at a time...

imo....safe your money for the clutchnet.....i love mine and the stage 3 clutch

Acid X
05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Don't know what shop you went to but it cost me like 70 bucks to lighten my flywheel to 11.69 pounds, resurface, and balance at a local machine shop..

Depends on where you take it.

deevergote
05-20-2008, 03:14 AM
I'm not looking to lighten it... just replace it. Picking up my Advance Auto one tomorrow.

anubix
05-21-2008, 07:38 PM
lol nobody said it yet

GO TO PICK A PART YOU FOOL FIND ONE THATS ALREADY GOT THE TRANNY OFF!!!!

(try to steal one, that oughta be interesting)