PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm goes off Randomly!!!!!!!!!!!

bank2me
05-21-2008, 02:39 PM
So my brother has a 91 maxima and the alarm goes off randomly. It doesnt have the keyless entry. We've taken out the alarm relay under the hood but that just cuts the lights and the horn still beeps. Does anyone here know how we can fix it. I've looked in chilton and haynes but nothing on security systems. My bro asked the guys on zcar and they said take out the relay. Any help ASAP would be appreciated.

Pico
05-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Is it the factory alarm?
On my Legend the same problem was caused by a bad hood switch, I unplugged the connector and jumped the connection so that the alarm would think that the hood was closed

bank2me
05-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Yea picopop it is the factory alarm and one guy on zcar said something about the hood switch but if it was that I would almost think the little security light would keep flashing?

Pico
05-21-2008, 02:51 PM
give it a check still, if I remember right my light was still on and blinking as if the system was normal

bank2me
05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
alright cause he hit a deer at last fall and the hood on it doesn't seat flush with the fender so maybe that's it.

Dr_Snooz
05-21-2008, 08:58 PM
My 4g Accord had an aftermarket alarm on it when I bought it. The remote was always sketchy and gave up entirely one evening when I was in a hurry. I was locked out of the car far from home, but was not phased because I knew where the bypass switch was. I unlocked the car and opened the door. The alarm wailed like all the damned souls in hell. I pressed the bypass switch and... nothing happened. The alarm continued to wail in the parking lot and I was drawing suspicious stares. I popped the hood, walked around to the front of the car and yanked the wires out of the horn. Problem solved. Except that the car wouldn't start. Late in the evening. Far from home.

Doh!

bank2me
05-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Nice snooz. I pulled the hood prop thing apart and my bro is gonna monitor it today.

AccordB20A
05-22-2008, 05:27 PM
i was going to post about the problem i used to have but since its a factory alarm it doesnt apply. my alarm has current sensing and something in the car would use power now and again that was what my problem was haha

bank2me
05-27-2008, 09:55 AM
I disconnected the hood sensor and it seems to have fixed the problem.