PDA

View Full Version : Need brushes for Mitsuba Motor cooling fan

nswst8
05-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know where to get the brushes for the fan motors on the radiators. I had to go yank one from the junk yard and but even these are becoming hard to find.

All we need is a location to buy the replacement brushes.

Vanilla Sky
05-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Most alternator repair shops will have brushes that will fit. I got brushes for an old KitchenAid mixer at an alternator shop.

Pico
05-23-2008, 04:15 PM
why not just switch them out for a couple of Hayden 800CFM fans, they are more compact and easy to wire up.

Oldblueaccord
05-23-2008, 10:37 PM
You can try using compressed air to blow the carbon out of the housing. Maybe polish the comutator if you can get it apart pretty easy.

wp

nswst8
05-24-2008, 08:18 AM
why not just switch them out for a couple of Hayden 800CFM fans, they are more compact and easy to wire up.
I have a couple of high CFM electric fans, I believe the mitsuba fans have more CFMs.

nswst8
05-24-2008, 08:19 AM
You can try using compressed air to blow the carbon out of the housing. Maybe polish the comutator if you can get it apart pretty easy.

wp
I will still need the brushes.

Oldblueaccord
05-24-2008, 08:25 AM
yeah then you will have to measure up the size and get them maybe at Radio shack. I agree our fans do pull very well.

Or i was thinking replace the motor with something similiar.

wp

lostforawhile
05-24-2008, 09:08 AM
any place that repairs electric motors or alternators can find brushes that fit. take the motor apart and take in all the parts and they can find something that will work. they are generic carbon brushes.

nswst8
05-24-2008, 10:31 AM
any place that repairs electric motors or alternators can find brushes that fit. take the motor apart and take in all the parts and they can find something that will work. they are generic carbon brushes.
Thanks!

LX-incredible
05-25-2008, 10:16 AM
I spent around $5 for the brushes on the two. Just got the closest size at an alt/starter repair shop, sanded one side so that it would fit, and soldered them in. They've been going for over a year and a half with no issues. Pretty good considering they run most of the time out here. Be sure to sand and polish the commutator and lubricate the bushings/bearing.