PDA

View Full Version : justins strut bar sets and where they fit

newaccorddriver
05-24-2008, 04:30 PM
well, ive bought the under braces from justins strut bar sets that he made, but the only problem is i dont know where they get bolted onto. ive tried searching but couldnt really find much info on them, can someone tell me where they bolt up to?

EricW
05-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Uh they bolt to the strut towers. Just look at your car and its pretty self expanatory. Just remove the 3 nuts for the top hat of the shock put the bar on and put the nuts back.

newaccorddriver
05-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Uh they bolt to the strut towers. Just look at your car and its pretty self expanatory. Just remove the 3 nuts for the top hat of the shock put the bar on and put the nuts back.

i didnt buy the 2 strut bars as ive already got my own set of them. i was referring to the other 3 pieces that i got, the H brace, and the 2 tie bars

frantik
05-24-2008, 08:47 PM
i think the front brace bolts into the two bolts which hold the bumper on but i dunno which other ones

just get under the car and see where they woudl actually fit. lol

Vector
05-24-2008, 09:28 PM
most likely to inner lca bolts to inner tow hook bolts or outer sub frame bolts.

did jack the car up to see?

did you remove the plastic mud guard?... if you didn't thats probably why you cant see where it bolts to. :D

chances are once you install it the mud guard wont go back on.. but thats ok because its not really needed unless your mud boggin with it.

Pico
05-24-2008, 10:10 PM
do you need a picture of the rear tie bar installed, I have a pic somewhere of mine installed

newaccorddriver
05-24-2008, 10:35 PM
do you need a picture of the rear tie bar installed, I have a pic somewhere of mine installed

a picture would help, but thats the one that goes between both rear lower control arms right?

Pico
05-24-2008, 10:37 PM
right, you just need to force that baby in. It's a tight fit