PDA

View Full Version : 2gee dash in 1gee?

Hazwan
05-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I'd like to know if this possible size wise. I'm pretty sure they look similar between two. I could fabricate the brackets, wiring and stuffs.

2geez owners, could you measure the width of your dashboard? And if possible, take a picture viewed from the top of the front windshield. The only thing that I'm worried are where the sides meet the door panels, and the HVAC ducting but I'm really sure I could do something about it when I have the dash in front of me - which is a problem right now.. I'd hate to spend money on something that won't work.

Mint uncracked 1geez dash are really rare here :( Mines cracked really bad and I hate looking at it everyday.

I've seen CRX dash installed in 1gee, but that would cost a lot more and not to mention the wiring would be a nightmare. 2geez dashboard are everywhere and cheap as hell.

Civic Accord Honda
05-24-2008, 09:04 PM
i like the 2gee dash better then the 3gee dash tbh so if u used it you would be making a great choice imo :) hope u can get one to fit

MessyHonda
05-24-2008, 11:48 PM
i remember some one did like a integera dash on a 2nd gen

SZfiftyfour
05-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Its 50" (127cm) exactly, and looks like the ends are flat i.e. no flare out from front(cabin) to back(firewall). The dash doesnt meet the door panels, there is a 1/2" gap on both sides. On my car there is no ducting from the blower to the vents as the dash itself is a sealed chamber. Dont know if the 1g blower lines up to the 2g dash though.

Hazwan
05-25-2008, 11:23 PM
Sweet thanks a lot!

Looks like there might be a problem with the fitment. 1gee dash are 49" width, and theres going to be a problem where it meets the door panel. And looking from pictures I found, 1g has metal supporting the steering column from the firewall where there is none on 2g, it might interfere behind the dash.

Unless I could get the dash for really really cheap, I think I have to scrap the idea :( I hate being poor!

Oh well :(