PDA

View Full Version : Happy to Help

sanjay
09-21-2002, 11:58 PM
If you've got any questions, i'd be happy to help. Whilst i concede that there are many out there who know a great deal more than I do, i installed my sound system myself into my 3Gee..
any q's? just ask...

pimp86LX
09-22-2002, 12:07 AM
how do i stop everything from rattleing!!!

my speaker grills themselves rattle

sanjay
09-22-2002, 04:39 AM
in the boot?
My speaker grilles in the doors rattle because they are broken. They vibrate because of the bass...
I'm unsure on how to counter grille rattle, - can you describe the problem in more detail?
As for boot rattle there are many ways to tackle the problem...
you're running 2 X 12's right? in a ported box?
There are two black cables (thin metal rods?) which run across each other in the boot, you've gotta shove something in between them to counter the rattle. i.e. foam or some other insulative substance.

sanjay
09-22-2002, 04:41 AM
secondly, (yes i'm post whoring), secondly, you've gota insulate the boot release cable. WHat I mean by insulate is, whereeva it connects to something else and can vibrate and make noise, then cover it, or put something in between it. (This is really hard to describe with limited vocabulary....)

sanjay
09-22-2002, 04:43 AM
At other times, people find their number plate rattles. Get some "grommets" (from a local hardware store).
Take out the screws which screw in the number plate, and rescrew them with the grommets underneath the number plate....
I find that even after this much, the back end of the car still vibrates....
I have a towbar and that vibrates too... :(

sanjay
09-22-2002, 04:45 AM
But anyways,
Honda's are really bad for subwoofers. The 3rd Gen Accords don;t like em at all....
Honda's were never really built for bass.... THey've got too many parts which rattle n shit....
Otherwise, mechanically, honda's are really sound in the design.
I hope this helped...
ask more questions. - Other people can help too y'know.!

pimp86LX
09-22-2002, 09:44 AM
what the F is a boot, lol

i think we may have different terminology round here

oh and for the speaker grills, it only happens when i kicks reallly hard

eg) BIg papa-bigge, when it hits the deep note, the metal themselves rattle, not the 6.5's its really wierd

Bobs89LXi
09-22-2002, 10:41 AM
Great to have all the help we can get. All I ask is that you in fact know what you are talking about. If there is one thing we don't need is incorrect information that could cause serious damage. My policy is this: When in doubt, do your own research. If you find something you feel could be useful to members here, by all means share it. No one here is an expert at everything there is to know about car audio and electronics. I have been in the game for over 20 years, and I am amazed at all that I still don't know. The old adage is false: Old dogs CAN learn new tricks. :D

1989se-i
09-22-2002, 08:56 PM
I gotsa question, What is a Swivel Midrange/tweeter?!

sanjay
09-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Boot (in australia) = Trunk (in america)...

sanjay
09-22-2002, 10:17 PM
Thanks Bob, i spent a lotta time reading up on everything before I installed my system. There's not too much info on here though :(
Like, installation wise...

sanjay
09-22-2002, 10:21 PM
tweeters usually play higher frequencies...
basically, Treble....

Pimp86 ... I wouldn't have a clue bro,... sorry man

catalin
09-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by 1989se-i
I gotsa question, What is a Swivel Midrange/tweeter?!

A swivel mount tweeter, does just that. It 'swivels' and allows better adjustment in directing the music to the listening position.

pimp86LX
09-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by sanjay
Boot (in australia) = Trunk (in america)...

its a trunk here in Canada too eh

87AccordsterLx
09-23-2002, 12:15 AM
infinity has the reference series that comes with a cone speaker that contains a swivel ("UniPivot Rotating Tweeter ")... check out the link... For some reason when you say midrange/tweeter... I think cone=midrange and tweeter=tweeter...so... there ya have it.

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.asp?ProdId='REF5752CF'&Ser=REF&Cat=MEL

1989se-i
09-23-2002, 10:26 AM
It has two little speakers ontop of the big speaker. I cant get them to swivel :/