PDA

View Full Version : shit on my grave

levon2008
05-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Alright i spent the last 2 days rewiring my car with a 88 accord manual wire. My car is a 89 honda accord, Everything matches great except for the wires that go to the stereo to a blue pastic holster has 5 plugs for the wiring. The problem the 88 accord only had 4 plugs that would fit into the area i described.

I thought no biggy and used my accord wires to plug into it this wire also runs to the cluster. Now today i goto test everything and the blinker lights dont work, Instead the check light the oil light and the battery light blinks oh also the parking light on the cluster.

My question is how screwed am i do i have to get the 89 accord lxi wire or can i fix this some how?

MessyHonda
05-28-2008, 06:01 PM
that blows a big one...i hate wires...i would just back track the whole connections.

levon2008
05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
that blows a big one...i hate wires...i would just back track the whole connections.

well i guess if this doesnt work out im going to go back to the junk yard with my head in my hands. I dont want to do this again :nervous:. It sucks so much, If i do have to do this again im going to make a wire harness so i can put my fuse box in the hood to the trunk and then get some jumper cables and route the battery back to the trunk like i origionally wanted to do.

I hate wires, I hate them so much :gun: wires. so i guess im probably going to be ripping everything apart again. So much for being almost done..

EricW
05-28-2008, 06:58 PM
If its the part I'm thinking about that is where the dash harness and the body harness connect. I would just swap the dash harness if you haven't already and then every thing should match.

AccordB20A
05-28-2008, 07:45 PM
^^ what he said. Our JDM wiring is all in one colour, they don't use the same colour/code pattern on two different wires throughout the car. i find wiring a Honda easy...

levon2008
05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
If its the part I'm thinking about that is where the dash harness and the body harness connect. I would just swap the dash harness if you haven't already and then every thing should match.

yeah i think im going to try and swap out this cluster with the origional one maybe thats whats doing it. im not too sure but as long as the car starts up i guess its okay lol.

levon2008
05-28-2008, 08:07 PM
^^ what he said. Our JDM wiring is all in one colour, they don't use the same colour/code pattern on two different wires throughout the car. i find wiring a Honda easy...

for me its a pain in the ass. Also if i was to move the fuse box to the trunk can i splice the wires to extend them or will it mess anything up?

2oodoor
05-29-2008, 03:28 AM
two other things come to mind,
The wire that dims the radio when you turn on the headlights could be hooked up wrong
And then the cluster ground wire may not be connected at the grounding point out of the harness.

LMAO at the thread title, reminds me of a B movie called "I spit on your grave"

levon2008
05-29-2008, 05:36 PM
two other things come to mind,
The wire that dims the radio when you turn on the headlights could be hooked up wrong
And then the cluster ground wire may not be connected at the grounding point out of the harness.

LMAO at the thread title, reminds me of a B movie called "I spit on your grave"

thought it get some kicks, the title that is. Well its all okay now the car fires up and runs the turn signals blink just no cluster lights at night.

I also noticed the engine vibrates vigorously, Im thinking engine mounts it did it before and the exaust smells a little rich. Maybe its always been like this but i just really noticed it all right now.

Any thing i can do to lean the mixture, Stop the vibrating engine and have this thing run a little more quiet?

Levon

MessyHonda
05-29-2008, 08:26 PM
you can adjust your idle from your TB.

levon2008
05-29-2008, 08:37 PM
you can adjust your idle from your TB.

thanks again,

I should be updating my accord pics section within this month or so. I added hood pins did some more body work and got my coil overs omg soooo nice. I went to a auto dismantler and asked for some dc headers the guy looked at me and laughed. I asked why and he was like those are rare but i can get it for you.

Sweet a DC header for th3 grand total of 50 BUCKS YESH. i also am gettting the dc sway bar for 25 BUCKS what else oh ya the exaust 2 1/4 for 100 bucks grand total for performance mods is 189 taxed my arsh.

I will be putting in my manual tranny i got from pick apart like 2 mo ago just got done rebuilding it 1-4 1 gen acura gears accord 5 and a nice pressure plate and fly wheel. One of the ruff engagment ones.

Levon

Civic Accord Honda
05-29-2008, 08:41 PM
sweet^
and as for running rich is ur ECU throwing any codes? when mine was running rich both my 02 sensors were bad

levon2008
05-31-2008, 10:45 PM
sweet^
and as for running rich is ur ECU throwing any codes? when mine was running rich both my 02 sensors were bad

yea i got er fixed sounds real quite no more gas smell and i fixed the cluster lights. I was pretty pissed off because i hit my head on the steering wheel at night and smashed my fist into the dash and on came the cluster lights and the interior lights lol. I was like I should hit my head more often.

The performance mods should be here in about 2 weeks what kind of power gain can i be looking forward too?

Dc Header
2 1/4 exhaust
Putting my tranny on 1-4 acura 1st gen accord 5th

Thats just a little bit but I think there should be some noticable power?