PDA

View Full Version : help reving up and down

Civic Accord Honda
05-30-2008, 02:52 PM
ok so for the past few weeks my 3gee has had this up and down rev when the engine is cold now it does it even when its warmed up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cA2PFPPt0Q thers a video

A18A
05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
iacv

Pico
05-30-2008, 05:04 PM
isnt your head gasket blown, causing some of the problems

Hauntd ca3
05-30-2008, 05:06 PM
are the ecu grounds and engine grounds all good?
saw same prob in a teg and thats what it was

Civic Accord Honda
05-30-2008, 05:44 PM
iacv
yeah im going to clean that out and see if that helps

isnt your head gasket blown, causing some of the problems
i used some of that bar leaks hg repair and it seems to of worked no more water coming out the tail pipe no more water in oil and no more milky looking coolant i know its not a permanent fix ill replace the hg when i have a place to do so (Working on the street sucks and can result in a fine were i live (N) )

are the ecu grounds and engine grounds all good?
saw same prob in a teg and thats what it was
ill be sure to check that i have only replaced the battery and valve cover grounds
this next weekend ill be replacing the spark plugs and wires and coil so if the grounds are bad ill look in to doing the a ground kit

gfrg88
05-30-2008, 06:03 PM
search u n00b :P

2oodoor
05-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Did you use plain water with the Barrs leak stuff? I think you are supposed to drain the coolant and then put that in with plain water, then let it work, test it out, and afterwards drain the water back out and put coolant back in.

At least you didnt put it in the oil, huh.

2oodoor
05-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Also idle controler and sensors depend on the correct coolant temp reading. Thermostat must be working right too.

Civic Accord Honda
05-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Did you use plain water with the Barrs leak stuff? I think you are supposed to drain the coolant and then put that in with plain water, then let it work, test it out, and afterwards drain the water back out and put coolant back in.

At least you didnt put it in the oil, huh.
yeah i flushed the coolent out filled rad up with bars leak and water then ran it for 5 mins added more water ran for 20mins at 2000RPM then shut down added more water then ran for 1hour at 2000rpm then drained it and let it set of night then flushed it out good in the am refilled it with plain water and all hg problems went away :)
and no sir i did not add it to the oil lol

Also idle controler and sensors depend on the correct coolant temp reading. Thermostat must be working right too.
oh snap thats it then!! i took the thermostat out so it would not get clogged with bars leak so ill replace that when i do the other stuff :)

Pico
05-30-2008, 07:38 PM
my acura did that when there was air in the system,after I bleed it real good the problem went away

88Accord-DX
05-30-2008, 08:25 PM
CAH head gasket job = Bars stop leak :lol:

Hard to say, but turn the music down & listen for a vacuum leak.

Civic Accord Honda
05-30-2008, 09:04 PM
my acura did that when there was air in the system,after I bleed it real good the problem went away
ill rebleed the system when i replace the thermostats :)

CAH head gasket job = Bars stop leak :lol:

Hard to say, but turn the music down & listen for a vacuum leak.
nah i woulda done a real head gasket but working on the street sucks lol
and yeah i checked for vac leaks couldent find any

88Accord-DX
05-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Do you have a timing light? Check it, another thing that causes surging idle is the timing belt being off some teeth.

Civic Accord Honda
05-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Do you have a timing light? Check it, another thing that causes surging idle is the timing belt being off some teeth.
yeah i have a timing light but idk how to use it never used one before haha

GraniteLXI
05-31-2008, 08:39 AM
My 3gee does the same thing...it has done it since i bought it, but i was told its not harmful...just annoying in neutral...and a bigger deal if driving stick. If the air is cold out it will bounce, if its hot enough out it has a stable idle (my 3gee does anyway)

2oodoor
05-31-2008, 04:45 PM
FYI you can ruin the aluminum block hondas B,D, Etc by not using a thermstat. It will take out the rings most likely first.
The cylinders "float" designed to.

Civic Accord Honda
05-31-2008, 05:35 PM
FYI you can ruin the aluminum block hondas B,D, Etc by not using a thermstat. It will take out the rings most likely first.
The cylinders "float" designed to.
eww it will get replaced asap im getting one from forrest :)

Dr_Snooz
05-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Dude, your engine sounds sad.

:(:(:(

Civic Accord Honda
06-01-2008, 10:27 AM
it is :(

Oldblueaccord
06-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Try loosen the pipe going to the iacv with the car running. A little air is prolly trapped in there. If you bend the hose back a little without the clamp on you might hear air escaping along with some fluid.

Check the fast idle as well take the cap off and see if you can feel air coming out the top.

wp

bank2me
06-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Mine did the same when i first got it. Then after I did a coolant flush. hasn't done it since. BTW anyone have a picture of the fast idle control or whatever it is? Where it is located anyway.

Civic Accord Honda
06-01-2008, 02:27 PM
its on the intake manifold on the back of it
its thing with 2 screws on top and held on with some 10MM bolts and has 2 coolant hoses running thu it

lostforawhile
06-01-2008, 02:28 PM
i've told you a hundred times cah your car is evil,it's possessed. it wants to kill you for what you have put it through. :devil:

russiankid
06-01-2008, 03:29 PM
CAH, get a thermostat in there and bleed the system correctly. Change your oil and go from there.

Civic Accord Honda
06-01-2008, 03:44 PM
CAH, get a thermostat in there and bleed the system correctly. Change your oil and go from there.
indeed once i get paid im sending forrest paypal for a thomostat and some rad hoses.etc and ill also do an oil change
also have to replace the plugs there really fould and one of my spark plug wires has a tear in it and is fucking up the spark so ill replace thos too