PDA

View Full Version : Gen1 Legend and 3G Accord: What are the similarites?

DarknessRS
09-22-2002, 02:56 AM
Do they share the same chassis? Will any parts of the body carry over into the accords?

carotman
09-22-2002, 04:26 AM
The front bumper looks like it will fit.

The lower bumper lip fits on the 88-89 bumper (it's tiiiiinyyyyyy tough)

Jims 86LXI HB
09-22-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by DarknessRS
Do they share the same chassis? Will any parts of the body carry over into the accords?

I've checked their suspension out at the junk yard really close on several occations. Theirs enough differance that I could see with the naked eye that I never bothered to dig deeper and it's not like their aftermarket is any different.

I do understand that the seat's in the things will bolt into our cars.

carotman
09-23-2002, 06:01 AM
Interesting fact about the seats.... I'll have to dig into that.

MoonScryer
09-23-2002, 06:24 PM
I think the fender will work, but since it's non-popup lights, you'd have to mold the corners some, but do that and graft some of the rear on, instant wide body :D

CARBurn
10-02-2002, 07:18 PM
I went to the junkyard today to look for two bucket seats, and Jim, I looked into the 1st generation Legend Seats but I noticed that there is one bolt towards the rear on the right side of the driver(left side for the passenger) seat that doesn't match up. Everything else looks like a direct bolt in, except for that bolt in the respective driver and passenger areas. Where the bolt for the OEM seats goes to the floor, the ones for the Legend seats is bolted to the hump where the shifter console is. I don't get it?

I am going to take my seats out tomorrow and see if if maybe the railings can be interchangeable, that way I can maybe keep my oem railings and just swap the seats from the Legend.

The Legend seats by the way have 4 adjustable positions for the driver which is why I am REALLY interested in this swap otherwise I am going with an I believe an 89 Accord which has some lower back support thingy as well as the other two adjustable features.

Any suggestions, anybody?

madmod89lxi
10-06-2002, 09:26 PM
my 89 lxi has lumbar tilt and front to back normal i think thats it

CARBurn
10-08-2002, 07:04 PM
After several days of junkyard browsing, I have considered the 1st Generation Legend seats pretty much out of the picture, in terms of putting them in my car. The only problem I see on one rear bolt. The rails were different too, so out with that idea of trying swap them.

I'll have to go for seats with the lumbar support built with some of the later model lx-i's.

I did come accross an SE-i but sadly the seats were in bad condition:mad: