PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Meet!

tightwhitelx
09-22-2002, 03:47 AM
:sadwave:
hey somebody forget about georgia huh!

me and jay had something planned but then it feel apart if anyone is in ga or close to it we would really like to try and set up a meet so post messages please

MoonScryer
09-24-2002, 02:13 PM
they are around....hell met someone else today, told him about the board, he was impressed. Hopefully he'll get on and post.

Micah, up for it?

tightwhitelx
09-24-2002, 06:22 PM
oohhh jay im mad you and micah went to the nopi nats without me im right here dude. lol thats kinda messed up i would have wanted to see him race that teg.

MoonScryer
09-25-2002, 02:48 PM
it was wicked dude. Sorry I forgot to contact you, my bad. Did you go anyway?

87AccordsterLx
09-25-2002, 08:32 PM
Im here!!! Just moved here actually from So. Cal... I'm going to the NAPA 500 next month at the AMS in Hampton w/ my dad... he's senior V.P in charge of Technology for the company... catalog, napaonline... all that jazz is basically run by him so we got 2 free tickets for the hospitality tent (basically snacks and stuff w/ Michael Waltrip ) as well as pit passes and I think we have special seating with the other Napa employees... anyways... if any of you guys were planning on going we should all meet up... maybe cruz around the streets and what not... any ideas??? I might be able to get discount tickets if you're interested I'll ask him... It's pretty expensive for 2 days + pit + hosp.tent... I told him that I wanted to go for qualifying and happy hour but Im not sure if he'll go those days or not... anyways... there ya have it...

MoonScryer
09-26-2002, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the South....hope you like it here. Obviously you like racing, so you should fit right in :D
I won't be going to anywhere for a while; NOPI ate my money up. Now, if you want to cruise around and just meet, that I can do. You are West by about 3-4 hrs travel time for me, but about 2, I think, for tightwhitelx. I'm sure we can get something up and running.
Also, GDGuy11B will come up sometimes, depending on what is happening, so you might see him, too. Welcome to the party.

GDGuy11B
09-26-2002, 07:14 PM
i'm up for traveling.

Chrome_thangs
09-26-2002, 08:42 PM
Where are ya'll meeting i'm intrested. Anywhere near Columbus/ Ft. Benning area?

tightwhitelx
09-28-2002, 04:54 AM
well finally some people from the south speak up well guys lets try for one weekend in october post up some weekend you think you can make it and we will go from there jay you already know im available any weekend so that just leaves our other guys. guys post up and lets get this thing going.

MoonScryer
09-28-2002, 07:31 AM
Works for me. I guess October is advanced notice enough. Let me see when I got finals/midterms, and go from there.

87AccordsterLx
09-30-2002, 04:14 PM
how does end of oct. sound??? I want to get my sprints on and a few other things going.... any I Ideas... oh ya and thanks for the welcome guys... 2-3 hours is nothing... lets get this going again...

MoonScryer
10-03-2002, 03:00 PM
Hmmmm...it sounds doable.....Micah?

GDGuy11B
10-04-2002, 05:56 AM
i guess its ok, are we talking one all day hang out, or weekend thing? i might be able to cruise up there one day at the end of this month...just gotta give me 2 week notice to take off work

Micah

MoonScryer
10-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Probably just the one day. I think it's best for you and others if we do it south of Atlanta. We'll have to figure someplace to meet, maybbe do the BBQ thing, given the fact some of us are dead broke.

dhcarss
10-04-2002, 01:12 PM
If its possible for me I would like to meet also.

tightwhitelx
10-05-2002, 07:53 AM
how is october 25th for everyone now we just need a place

MoonScryer
10-05-2002, 08:29 PM
I may have something going on one weekend end of this month, so I need to check, but either the weekend of the 25th, or the one after sounds good.

South of Atlanta look good to everyone? It'll be a median for all of us with 3+ hour drive times, except for Micah, and maybe dhcarss.

Jermaine: we need a place out in the sticks some, away from people. Got anywhere down 75?

87AccordsterLx
10-05-2002, 11:12 PM
maybe those who are north more (if any) could meet somewhere in the middle and cruze down together... that would be pretty cool... who's close to me anyways???? Kennesaw / Powder Springs area??? Im right off the 75 about umm 15-20min or so north of the 285 loop.... Just a thought....

GDGuy11B
10-06-2002, 09:13 PM
how about Valdosta? is that too far down south for you guys?

tightwhitelx
10-07-2002, 03:38 PM
yeah thats kinda far for me we need to meet up somewhere everyone knows about how about at six flags cause everyone knows where that is

MoonScryer
10-07-2002, 07:29 PM
It depends on Micah, and I don't think i can afford Six Flags. That place is $35 a hit now, and ugh, that just pops my money.

carlessNcareless
10-08-2002, 08:17 AM
um,i think im up for it.... i may not have my teg then though since my cousin might be buying it, so i just may be forced to drive my 3rd gen :( lol if that happnes i cant drive too far cuz i dont trust the cars tires but even if that happens it wont take long for me to find another 2nd gen teg to replace mine(DAMN AUTO) but anyways im almost up for anything, i should have a job this week soooo working around that may be difficult....we could all meet in macon...and btw, jay did u tell justin that u beat me? just woderin cuz some1 told me that justin said u beat me...

GDGuy11B
10-08-2002, 05:15 PM
brett, i bet i can beat your teg. what do you think jay?

MoonScryer
10-08-2002, 05:40 PM
No, I didn't tell him that, but it would help if my car actually could get off the line with power :p

Micah: Oh, I'd say you could, easily. Given I was behind him by half a car length the entire time, I'd say you would have him by end of 2nd gear. I've driven your car, I know :D

tightwhitelx
10-09-2002, 04:41 PM
i wasnt saying lets go to six flags i was just saying lets meet up there like when you get off at the exit to six flags there is a gas station to the left and six flags is to the right we could meet up at the gas station that way we could all figure out what we wanted to do. cause of a place down 75 out in the sticks i dont really know of any places so i figured we would all just hang out and cruise around or something. we all need to leave some numbers too so we keep in contact with each other during that weekend jay i got your number and you got mine jay i know youve got micah's so guys post up some numbers or something lets get an exact number of how many people too. right now its me jay, micah,?

syn4la5
10-09-2002, 05:03 PM
i live in savanah Ga

carlessNcareless
10-09-2002, 07:00 PM
whoa wtf? i never said u couldnt f*ckin beat me, the only reason i even said sumthyn about jay is because julianne told me justin was braggin to her that jay beat me

GDGuy11B
10-09-2002, 08:58 PM
i know brett, i was being a cocky little asshole, talking shit...lol.

tightwhitelx
10-10-2002, 02:09 PM
ok guys were getting a bit off the subject lets get this thing rollin so i doesnt fall through.

GDGuy11B
10-12-2002, 05:37 AM
alright, so what day are we planning this on? the 25th is on a friday, and i think sunday the 27th would be a good day to just chill. if we have it on saturday the 26th, i would have to be back in tallahassee by 7, meaning i have to leave by 3.

tightwhitelx
10-12-2002, 06:13 AM
ok thats one person

inflikti0n
10-12-2002, 05:01 PM
ill try to make it... i wont be able to go into six flags.. (no money) but i'll try to go

MoonScryer
10-13-2002, 01:06 AM
OK, we are going to do it Sunday the 27th; that way, everyone can make it, and stay all day. We are NOT going to be going near Six Flags; Micah has to drive 4 hours just to get to Macon, and that is an hour and a half beyond that. So, with all that in mind, I am going to find a national park out and down 75 some so we can all meet there, and have as about an equal drive time as possible. Mine will be around 3 hours, Micah 4+, I saw a Savannah in there, etc.

This is going to be a BBQ and kick back time folks. Decide on something to bring to eat. Guess the usual suspects will work (hot dogs, burgers, etc), so you don't have to spend a lot. I'm going to try to find some place near a lake or something, cause if it's warm, and end of October can be more than not, I wanna cool off.

Now the reason for all this is due to the fact none of us have a lot of money to start with, Six Flags and the surrounding area will be jammed to hell, and we won't get in any trouble in a national park as long as no one brings the beer (it's illegal in them).

So, if anyone has problems with it all, email me, as I can coordinate this pretty easy. I want to try to get as many people there as possible, but if you can't make the drive, that's fine, too.

Also, DO NOT POST YOUR PHONE NUMBER HERE unless you want telemarketers to know it. Just email it to me.

Bring your cameras, your food, your honeys (if you got them), and your 3geez. Sound like a plan?

Email: moonscryer at moonscryer <dot> org

Just put it all together. I do that so I don't get tons of crap and SPAM.

87AccordsterLx
10-14-2002, 12:19 AM
well Im pretty sure that Im in... I'll try to get work off... Jay I'll email you with the rest....

87AccordsterLx
10-14-2002, 10:39 AM
ahhh wait ... I just remembered.... The NAPA 500 is on that same saturday... I have all of those tickets for it too... pit pass, hospitality lunch w/ michael waltrip ... is there any way we could make it that friday??? i really want to go but I cant miss this... maybe we could all meet up around the Atl Motor Speedway??? Im not sure where it is (just moved here) but if its too much hassle then its ok... just as long as we get another one together soon... man that sucks... lol.... oh well

87AccordsterLx
10-14-2002, 10:47 AM
http://www.nascar.com/races/tracks/ams/index.html

tightwhitelx
10-14-2002, 02:27 PM
too bad it cant be that friday we could go to a place where they race in my area we could show them all what 3rd gens are all about. but that sounds good though jay

MoonScryer
10-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Can't be Friday due to me having school until around 3pm. Reason I don't want to do it Friday is so Micah can drive home / have place to crash.

Now, I wouldn't MIND doing it Friday, but with traffic what it is in the evenings around 20 /75 junction, and on down, it wouldn't be fair to people coming in from out of town.

As to NAPA 500, I wish; that place will be packed, too.

Remember, if we can't do it the 27th, there are other weekends! I do like to get together more than once a year! Jermaine and I try every weekend, and have succeeded twice. We JUST NEED TO PLAN IN ADVANCE.

Nathan: I got your email.

87AccordsterLx
10-14-2002, 05:35 PM
ok cool... what ever you guys want to do... If it were anything else I would just cancel it but theres no way I could pass this race up... By the way... Im not sure if this is public news or not but I got the 411 from my dad on the inside that this will be the last year that NAPA hosts the 500... they have waltrip for another 2 years with the option for another 2 year renewal but the 500 is history... if everyone can make it for the 27th then dont push it back any further... Hopefully we can get another one going soon...

MoonScryer
10-16-2002, 12:22 PM
Bump for lack of something else to do.

So we stil makign it Sunday, minus 87Accordsterlx?

carlessNcareless
10-16-2002, 04:54 PM
hes the only one that said hed come? who all son the list so far, if its got a good amount of ppl ill come

tightwhitelx
10-19-2002, 11:20 AM
me jay micah infliction and electronintegra so five people so far jay did you find a meeting place yet i know of a place but its in roswell great location though never any traffic. we could all meet up in neutral place and just drive up there this place is as perfect as i know. bbq grills are there and waiting if not in roswell i know a place in forest park thats good too. both of these places are about 5 mins from the exit of the interstate so nobody should get lost.

tightwhitelx
10-19-2002, 11:26 AM
in additon to those ones that i said before i just emailed two more people from the first page of this thread chrome_thangs and forgive me for not rembering your screen name but i emailed you too. so if they are both in thats 7 hell of a meet if you ask me

tightwhitelx
10-19-2002, 11:30 AM
syn4la5 is the name and i also emailed dhcarss so if they are in that bumps it up to 8 or 9 i think so jay what do yo say now?

MoonScryer
10-19-2002, 02:46 PM
Works for me. I'm putting my camshaft in on Saturday, so I should still be able to make it. What are these places you know of?

tightwhitelx
10-20-2002, 10:25 AM
ill call you and let you know but the places are perfect. especially in roswell.

87AccordsterLx
10-20-2002, 06:47 PM
damn ... sounds like you guys are going to have a blast... I hope we can get another one together soon....

dhcarss
10-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Im still going to try and come, is the plan somewhere in roswell? later. We need some streach of road to race that new cam on, I want to see how it helps. :smokin:

MoonScryer
10-21-2002, 12:49 PM
CHANGE OF PLANS

We are not doing this in Roswell. After talking with GDGuy, it would be like a 7 hour drive for him, which would be major unfairness on our parts.

So, we are moving the meet to Macon, or slightly north of Macon. This will make drive time around 4 hours for me and GDGuy, tightwhitelx about 2 hours, and dhcarss, I don't know. We are still working on the exact place! Probably be like in Roswell, a park or something. Omega3001x lives down there and we are asking him for a good place to meet.

OK, day is still Sunday the 27th. We'll put details of the place up when we get them, hopefully no later that tomorrow night (HINT MICAH!!).

To get to Macon, in case you don't know, from Atlanta, just take I-75 south for about 2 hours. Sound easy?

dhcarss: Yeqah, i want to see what kind of difference, too. I don't know if it will truly help in the low end. The car topped 314,000mi on that engine, so it's gutless. I don't intend to change the engine out until it dies though.

MSG me on AIM if any of you have questions.

GDGuy11B
10-23-2002, 11:29 AM
alright, i just talked to ElectronIntegra (brett). He found a spot. its called Central City Park in Macon. they have pavilions with Grills so we can chill there and BBQ. we're still working out a place we all can meet up that is right off the interstate. whoever is going needs to PM jay and Me their numbers so we can keep in touch if someone gets lost on Sunday.

Micah

tightwhitelx
10-23-2002, 01:26 PM
anybody talk to the guys from the previous pages ill bring some 2 liter sodas

MoonScryer
10-23-2002, 02:31 PM
I'm talking with inflikti0n right now...so that brings it to Brett, Micah, Jermaine, myself, and who else?

87AccordsterLx
10-27-2002, 09:30 PM
did this go through??? I want details!!!! What did you guys end up doing...??? I have TONS of pics from the NAPA 500.... I had a freakin BLAST... PIT PASSES, GARAGE PASSES, NAPA VIP BOX !!! It was awesome... there was a huge Party that was for Waltrip that we went to and he signed autographs and shit yesterday... only bad part was that the race was red flaged after 200 somthin laps due to extended rain delay but I'll post another thread in off topic about the whole thing an pics.... Dale Jr kicked ass... and Gordon got his ass kicked so I'm happy....

GDGuy11B
10-28-2002, 08:58 AM
your weekend went great, ours didnt go as planned...a couple people didnt show up, it was me, my girl, moonscryer, tightwhite, his girl. we went to the park where we were gonna have the meet, and it cost $3 per person to get in, so we decided to try to find someplace that didnt charge money. we went to the mall, thats where justin(omega3001x) works. he couldnt really think of a place, so we decided to get some food from the food court in the mall and fork out 3 bucks and go to the park. on our way out to the park, it started to rain a little, so we turned around and went the parking garage in the mall for shelter. we parked there and hung out and ate our chinese food and put my reverse indiglos in. it wa snice to get out of town for a day, but nothing went as planned...we'll plan things better next time. here's a couple pics...

Micah

GDGuy11B
10-28-2002, 08:59 AM
here's a Ford Escape that we saw...it had a car's muffler on it, i think it was a DTM style...just like the one an Omega3001x's accord.

inflikti0n
10-28-2002, 09:22 AM
damnit.. i thought more people would be there.. sorry i couldnt make it, you got anymore pics?

dhcarss
10-28-2002, 10:36 AM
Well I tried to get my muffler hanger fixed but didnt happen, I took the muffler off late saturday, and was going to go get it re-welded, but the guy that was going to do it was not able to . so my car still sits at home with no muffler. Mabe we can try again in a few weeks? just a thought.

GDGuy11B
10-28-2002, 10:17 PM
no, i didnt take anymore pics. i think we will try again sometime in december...

87AccordsterLx
10-29-2002, 10:57 PM
damn thats no good... sorry to hear that guys... so who is who in that pic... ?? Dec. sounds good... hopefully everyone will be able to go next time....

GDGuy11B
10-30-2002, 11:25 AM
umm lets see....jermaine(tightwhitelx) is sitting in the back seat of his car,his girl is sitting in the front seat, Jay (moonscryer) is sitting his lazy ass :D on the ground, and thats my girlfriend sitting byu my car. i was sitting beside her, but i got up to take the pic.

tightwhitelx
10-31-2002, 01:44 PM
micah any news on finding me some gsr rims? i thought the meet was pretty good it was good to get out of town especially riding with jay all day thats a real nut he tapes me while driving..

MoonScryer
11-01-2002, 07:02 AM
"sitting on his lazy ass..." OK. Uh-huh. I'll remember that next time you need gauges installed again :P ;)

tightwhite: heh, ya, it was a trip man, miss doing that sometimes; going to school and back just don't cut it a lot of the time for driving.

To the rest of you: Yeah, it kind of bombed, but we made do. Next meet is most likely in December, unless we is Atlanta decide to have a meet in Nov in Roswell. Any takers on that?

87AccordsterLx
11-02-2002, 06:39 PM
Im down... for Nov. Roswell is really close to here.... isnt it?

MoonScryer
11-03-2002, 06:09 AM
Ya, it is. It'll give us a chance to see people for once, and maybe it won't rain this time. I'll see if I can find a weekend where I'm not doing anything, maybe the one on the 16th, given everyone will be doing the family thing on the 23rd.

Roofio
11-03-2002, 03:27 PM
whats up!!???? just started fixin up my 86 accord Lxi!!!!!"(POS car untill me and my peopels gotta hold of it!!!! we started a car club ,denis(the leader)has ablue 89 accord Lxi with yellow graphics it kool!! mine when we get through with it , will be red with black spider webs for the hood w/a black widow and an H inthe center ,and spider webs on the side!!!!Very siked !!!! goto to see our club http://ninja2571.tripod.com/blackwidowintentions/index.html!!!!!

87AccordsterLx
11-06-2002, 01:33 AM
damn we have 3 threads going about this meet... lets all pic one to use for the 16th and we can work on the following one after.... being that this thread was for the previous meet lets use this one...
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8598

Glad to have you with us Roofio..... check out the thread that I posted.... damn that makes like 7 or 8 of us now...

c20v6turbo3rdgen
12-20-2002, 03:46 PM
HELL YEAH! I am starting a club in Georgia area, I live in CAnton area and I was wondering if anyone is wanting to get in. I have 3 people that are in it right now. I am very clean and Like to drive with other clean cars, Send me a email if you are interested at [email protected] I am about to put a H22A and a tranny from Prelude and I am waiting till ETI Performace or Knowledge Performace gets one...

87AccordsterLx
12-20-2002, 05:52 PM
this is the current meet page....

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10227

MoonScryer
12-21-2002, 09:11 AM
Keep it all in the current meet thread...let this one die back into obscurity..