PDA

View Full Version : tell me How To....

Immeraufdemhund
09-22-2002, 05:15 AM
How in the world do i finish taking off my head lamp? I got all the bolts off and it's held on just by the control arm that moves the lights up and down.

AZmike
09-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Snap the control arm off the motor. Twisting a screwdriver between the motor's arm and the linkage might work well. It's just a ball and socket joint.

smufguy
09-22-2002, 05:52 PM
if u dont wanna do that, there should be a screw ON the motor itself. its held in by very thin washers. see if that would help if ur afraid to snap the ball joint (socket joint as mike said above).

Immeraufdemhund
09-22-2002, 06:09 PM
i found that if you put a skrew driver to stop the arm from moving, then skrew it off with either a 7mm or a 10mm (i can't remember now) it comes off and all is good. Thankx though. Almost finished.. I'm having a little bit of a problem getting my hood to latch now though. (this goes back from my accident i had 2 days ago)

Immeraufdemhund
09-22-2002, 06:13 PM
i have another question now too. My hood doesn't latch all the way right now. You can pull it up without having to push the arm or even pull the lever in the car. When i hit the guy he pushed my passanger head light really far back, and it also pushed the top passanger side of my radiator. would the latch it self be out of alignment, or is it messed up.... My hood is also bent, but it doesn't look like it's bent around the hook. any suggestions?

AZmike
09-23-2002, 08:25 AM
My sister caused something similar to my car. Bend the hood loop close to its original position (you can do this with your hands). You're not trying to get the dents out, just get the center of the end of the hood bent back to where it belongs. Then pull the core support (metal piece with latch on it) away from the radiator so that the latch itself is close to where it used to be and it should work ok. When I did this I was surprised how easy it was to bend the hood, it's so delicate. I guess that's part of why I haven't bought another one--they're so delicate.

1989se-i
09-23-2002, 10:45 AM
has anyone played with that thing ontop of the headlight motors? It has a lid that you take off and you can spin the little thing with the arrow opn it? Isnt that fun?

Immeraufdemhund
09-23-2002, 12:56 PM
yah, that kept me entertained for a couple of hours. I did the hood thing this morning, (i did a few other things first) and it latches now. Thankx a lot. my car just looks ugly now.. Once i get a job i'll be able to put it back and replace the parts.