PDA

View Full Version : e-brake help

nfs480
06-02-2008, 06:50 PM
My e-brake no longer seems to work and I raised up the back end of the car so that I could spin the tires while adjusting the e-brake equalizer nut but it almost seems like the brakes are already dragging somewhat on the rear-wheels. I can't tell if it's actually the brakes that are dragging or if that's what the way the rear-wheels normally behave. I was wondering if anyone can give me a picture or at least try to describe how their equalizer adjustment nut is positioned.

Hauntd ca3
06-02-2008, 11:20 PM
the rear calipers on the 3geez have a habit of seizing the hand brake lever on the caliper itself.
do the arms that come out of the calipers for the e brake move freely?
i had a similar prb on mine and the it was a caliper prob.
also disconnect the e brake cable at both ends and see how freely the cables slide in and out.they can wear the lining of the cable outer and the cable will catch

MessyHonda
06-03-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah the rear calipers are self adjusting...i would check the pads to see if they are alright.

markmdz89hatch
06-03-2008, 11:48 AM
is it just that you can yank the e-brake all the way up and still don't get good bite?

If that's what's going on, try adjusting the cables from under the plastic console inside the car. There's an access panel (if you want to call it that) on the back piece of that plastic cover. It's very common for newer lines to stretch out.

A little friction is ok when you spin the wheel w/ the car jacked up, but not enough to cause the wheel not to spin freely.

nfs480
07-19-2008, 10:54 PM
is it just that you can yank the e-brake all the way up and still don't get good bite?

If that's what's going on, try adjusting the cables from under the plastic console inside the car. There's an access panel (if you want to call it that) on the back piece of that plastic cover. It's very common for newer lines to stretch out.

A little friction is ok when you spin the wheel w/ the car jacked up, but not enough to cause the wheel not to spin freely.

Yeah, and no matter how tightly I adjust the adjuster nut I don't seem to get any more grip on the wheels. It worked fine right before I drove 100 feet with it on.