PDA

View Full Version : 80 - 81 EK header (4 port) Wanted....

redr2
06-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Still need one of these headers.

Late 80-81 EK 1751 Motor
79-81 EL 1600 Motor (Canada)
EM 1500 CVCC motor....2nd gen Civic

The one I currently run is the same in the pic below but on its last legs. I will likely have this 4-2-1 design duplicated as it seems to be the best for clearance. The 4-1 headers by A/T Engineering are a little tight in a 1200 engine bay.

I have the required flanges for a template on mine now and should be able to have some duplicated....I may even be able to make some myself. I also browse a few Accord and Prelude sights so I will see what the interest is....I am by no means trying to organize a run of these but may be able to get the price down a bit if I can get around 3 sets made. I fully expect it to cost upwards of $400 to $500 and do not plan on doing it until the winter.

so....if anyone wants to sell one, contact me!!

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9494/elheader299vd8.th.jpg (http://img231.imageshack.us/my.php?image=elheader299vd8.jpg)

2ndGenGuy
06-03-2008, 08:08 AM
The AT Engineering headers are a bit tight even in the Accord engine bay. In fact, they hit the rear crossmember, which is why I haven't installed mine yet. I'm still debating what to do with it. Plus it's my daily driver right now, and there's no time to be pulling off all the manifolds to get it on. Unfortunately, it won't fit in from below, so you have to bring it down from above, which means removing the intake manifold as well.

Also, that's the Pacesetter, right? I think the flange design looks a little better, at least having a bit more rigidity against deforming...

Ichiban
06-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Send me your old flange and I'll make a pile of new ones. I have a 30 hp CNC milling machine at my disposal.

redr2
06-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Send me your old flange and I'll make a pile of new ones. I have a 30 hp CNC milling machine at my disposal.

That would be awesome, I will look you up in mid November!

The header is a pace setter. HONDO, made the same sort of design. You can notch your rear cross member out a bit, thats what most the Civic guys do to theirs.

vipspiffy
06-03-2008, 09:13 PM

I would also be interested in a flange, or two. :lol:

redr2
06-04-2008, 09:30 PM

I have the exact template of the flange as well.....can you use that?

2ndGenGuy
06-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Flange me. Sounds like a group buy opportunity. :)

Ichiban
06-05-2008, 09:46 PM
How is this template constructed? Also, there are different flange designs for the EL/EK engines, depending on year.

Hell yes, send me this shit. I need a good excuse to start fiddling with the $180K Haas mill!

redr2
06-06-2008, 09:11 PM
I took the header and literally spray painted around the edge to get the template. The holes were then grafdted on to the cardboard. Its sounds mickey mouse but I can assure you, its bang on.....through measurements and all.

Mine has the port spacing of the:

79-81 EL Motor/Head
MId 80 to 81 EK head.

Also the same port spacing as the EM Motor....which I believe is the 80-83 1500 CVCC motor.

PM me your address and I can send you the flange template and the primary to secondary template.....I can pay for your work too....would be great to get a full run of these header going. :)

redr2 at shaw dot ca

- Kurt

Ichiban
06-12-2008, 03:51 PM
The bolt pattern is really all that's critical. Also, as the intake and exhaust share studs!?!, I'll need an accurate width measurement of the bolting locations so the flange can be spot faced to size.

redr2
06-12-2008, 07:09 PM
.I also have a micrometer for the flange thickness