PDA

View Full Version : Metal line under engine?

leonardotmnt
06-03-2008, 04:14 AM
I got in to work this morning and white smoke starts to billow out from under the hood. I shut the car off and opened the hood and the smoke seemed to be coming from the hard metal line that goes in under the engine where the space is cut out of the manifold I guess it is. Does anyone know what this line is and what it could be? Hopefully it was fine to leave the car. I didn't see any fire or anything and I wasn't really sure what else I could do. Thanks

Sorry for the post in 2 sections. I didn't know where to put it and I'm kind of worried about it.

snoopyloopy
06-03-2008, 07:14 AM
was it smoke or steam? bc there's some metal water lines in and around the intake manifold...

nswst8
06-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Is it the large water pipe that feeds from the water pump?

White smoke is steam so its a cooling problem.

Being that you are in PA, I'd say that the water pipe rusted thru somewhere.

leonardotmnt
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
It's a small metal line about 1/4" in diameter. I've had some troubles with my radiator lately but last I checked it was still full of coolant. Might be time to retire her soon if I keep having to do these small to medium sized repairs. Only 143k miles but it's getting kind of tiresome with these nagging problems :( The smoke seemed to be coming from the connection where it goes in under the engine if that helps at all.

nswst8
06-03-2008, 06:11 PM
Take a picture and email it to me or post it here.

[email protected]