PDA

View Full Version : Fitch Fuel Catalyst

bank2me
06-03-2008, 09:50 AM
I have been reading magazine reviews on the Fitch fuel catalyst and they have all been good. Of course their site will have only good ones but the magazines like popular hot rodding tried it and said they noticed an increase in performance too. Other mags have reviewed it too and have said good stuff about them. So I was curious if anyone has tried one in any of their cars? :beer:

Oldblueaccord
06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
"additive called Ethos FR, first in six of its trucks,"

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/jun/03/trucking-feels-fuel-burden/

I saw this today never heard of either one but you know I love a good gas mileage trick.

wp

2oodoor
06-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I never heard of it either, I dogpiled it and read some interesting articles. They make a lot of claims with a lot of endorsments so must be something to it.
Summit has them http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+401348+323680+115&Nao=10#rstop

cygnus x-1
06-03-2008, 01:55 PM
That show Horsepower on SpikeTV did a spot on this. Kind of interesting actually. From their website:

Q. What are the major components of the Fitch® Fuel Catalyst?
The catalyst is a composite of a number of metals formed into an alloy by a propriety process.

Q. How does the catalyst work?
Refineries cannot remove many poorly performing molecules to make a more ideal fuel. In addition, once fuel leaves the refinery or is stored it is subject to attack by oxygen, ozone, and microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, and mold) that grow in the fuel. All these processes degrade the fuel to make a poorer product that prevents engines from performing at optimum levels. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst reformulates fuel prior to combustion on board the vehicle, preventing oxygen and most diseases from attacking the fuel and reversing any degradation that may have occurred prior to the fuel being introduced to the vehicle. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst assists the combustion process by insuring that fuel is highly uniform, potent, consistent, and stable.

C|

2oodoor
06-04-2008, 05:55 AM
I have been looking, with no success, for real life testimony not associated with the company or distributors of the product.
The basis of the operation makes sense, and there is a lot of crappy gas out there now so maybe it is worth the 100-300 bucks depending on what application:

evil88accordLX
06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
That show Horsepower on SpikeTV did a spot on this. Kind of interesting actually. From their website:

Q. What are the major components of the Fitch® Fuel Catalyst?
The catalyst is a composite of a number of metals formed into an alloy by a propriety process.

Q. How does the catalyst work?
Refineries cannot remove many poorly performing molecules to make a more ideal fuel. In addition, once fuel leaves the refinery or is stored it is subject to attack by oxygen, ozone, and microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, and mold) that grow in the fuel. All these processes degrade the fuel to make a poorer product that prevents engines from performing at optimum levels. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst reformulates fuel prior to combustion on board the vehicle, preventing oxygen and most diseases from attacking the fuel and reversing any degradation that may have occurred prior to the fuel being introduced to the vehicle. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst assists the combustion process by insuring that fuel is highly uniform, potent, consistent, and stable.

C|

they did a dyno test with and without the fuel catalyst and picked a HP gain around 10 or so if i remember correctly. however, the engine they dynoed it with was already putting out over 400HP, so thats only like 2-2.5% power increase. it would probably be worthless on our cars......

cygnus x-1
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
they did a dyno test with and without the fuel catalyst and picked a HP gain around 10 or so if i remember correctly. however, the engine they dynoed it with was already putting out over 400HP, so thats only like 2-2.5% power increase. it would probably be worthless on our cars......

I can't remember now if they did just one run with each or if they did several and took and average. The results will vary from run to run so if they didn't do several runs and average, the data aren't worth much.

C|