PDA

View Full Version : Cooling fan

mark_salad_bar
06-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey guys i live in houston texas ...and its freakin hot here ..anyways i was wodering if our cooling fans were to remain on while our cars are off in order to cool the radiator down..the fourth and 5th gen accords cooling fans remain on even when u leave the car..my doesnt seem to be doing that and when i get out of my car after a drive...i can here my radiator resivor tank filling ..is that bad?

Oldblueaccord
06-03-2008, 03:41 PM
They should so either your car is not hot enough or there not coming on. It sounds like its hot enough since you hear water gurgling around. You can manually put them on with the AC button and the fan on anyspeed even if your ac is not working. This forces both fans on. You can pull the 10 amp fuses to the AC if you need to keep the AC off.

wp

nswst8
06-03-2008, 05:48 PM
If your coolant overflow tank is filling and the fans are not on, then yes you have a problem.

1. When was the last coolant system service?

2. depending on what year you ride is the fan brushes are probably worn away, quick fix is junk yard. I picked up acouple $6 apiece.Take a jump pak with you so you can avoid buying non working fans.

3. Buy a new radiator cap, you want to avoid non working cap that allows to much pressure this increase chances of a head gasket failure.

4. Use a 50/50 coolant. Plain H20 is asking for trouble in Houston.

mark_salad_bar
06-03-2008, 06:26 PM
I have changed it out about a year and a half ago ..i use 50/50 mix...and changed the radiator about 6 months ago ..cause of a hair line crack at the top of it...my cooling fans would come on when u use to use the ac button but now it stopped working about 8 months ago..since ive tried to fix my ac compressor....so i have no ac still and the second fan never blows. my car temp gauge says im running in the normal. but every time i stop at home or a store i turn the car off and turn the key to were the fan comes on but only stays on for about 40 seconds..
i have checked the fuses and they look fine..another question is there suppose to be a fuse where it says (fan timer)? cause there isnt one in that place ..and that is located under the black box under the hood
89 accord 5spd lx..275,000miles

nswst8
06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I have changed it out about a year and a half ago ..i use 50/50 mix...and changed the radiator about 6 months ago ..cause of a hair line crack at the top of it...my cooling fans would come on when u use to use the ac button but now it stopped working about 8 months ago..since ive tried to fix my ac compressor....so i have no ac still and the second fan never blows. my car temp gauge says im running in the normal. but every time i stop at home or a store i turn the car off and turn the key to were the fan comes on but only stays on for about 40 seconds..
i have checked the fuses and they look fine..another question is there suppose to be a fuse where it says (fan timer)? cause there isnt one in that place ..and that is located under the black box under the hood
89 accord 5spd lx..275,000miles
So your fans are working.

It say that a fuse should be there 15A.

Did you replace the radiator cap as well (11-15lb) cap.