PDA

View Full Version : vacuum line question

87newb
06-04-2008, 01:30 AM
1987 accord dx.

okay, say you are looking at the carb from the front of the car, on your right side towards the back of the carb there is a vacuum line that isnt plugged into anything.....its a little itty bitty short one, and its just sitting there. i just noticed it earlier today and i couldnt figure out where it goes to. i wish i could get a pic of it so give a better idea.

any suggestions on how to figure out where it goes back to, or what i can do about it??

please and thank you. :sad2:

2oodoor
06-04-2008, 03:40 AM
is that the one that plugs into the air filter housing itself?

russiankid
06-04-2008, 07:09 AM
is that the one that plugs into the air filter housing itself?

That is what I am thinking. For some reason if you unplug that one there isn't a noticeable difference in engine performance.

87newb
06-04-2008, 12:15 PM
hmm, yeah it doesnt seem like its hurting anything, my car never dies.

and not to change subject, but my cooling fans arent getting any power, i took my car up to firestone to get a diagnosis, and they said they have no idea where to start.

any takers on that one?

russiankid
06-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Relay?

87newb
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Relay?

??

greentee76
06-04-2008, 01:30 PM
The vacuum line that goes to the air cleaner is # 17 which is actually a bleed line so you wouldn't be able to necessarily notice any differnence in engine performance.
As far as the cooling fan issue check the fuses. There are two in the circuit, a 30A one under the hood and a 15A one in the fuse box under the dash. Seems like we always forget about the one under the dash:banghead:. When I first got my 3g the fan wouldn't come on, come to find out someone replaced the one under the dash with a 7.5A fuse:mad:. Replaced it and they have worked great ever since. It could also be the relay but I would start with the fuses.
Sorry for the long reply. Hope this helps.

P.S. Get those fans fixed quick or you'll be replacing a head like I had to.

russiankid
06-04-2008, 01:30 PM
??

There is a control box under the passenger seat or drivers seat for the fan, I would check there.

greentee76
06-04-2008, 01:32 PM
The fan relay is in the fuse box under the hood.

russiankid
06-04-2008, 01:46 PM
The fan relay is in the fuse box under the hood.

There is also a control box, unless I am mistaken.

greentee76
06-04-2008, 02:22 PM
There is also a control box, unless I am mistaken.

There well could be a control unit as well, although I'm not seeing it in my manual. The one under the hood is easy to get at though, why I was suggesting that. Also I was not able to find these relays at any of the auto parts stores around my area, but they are small so I consider them a j/y freebie:D(don't tell anyone.lol)

87newb
06-05-2008, 02:23 AM
i always forget about the fuses under the dash:(

ill check those as soon as its light out. honda dealer wants $89 to diagnostic, goodyear wants $100