PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

codyJDM
06-04-2008, 09:59 AM
After my accident, I bought an '88 LXI sedan as a parts car to replace my '87 Accord LXI's drivers side axle, LCA, hub, etc. It all fit fine and dandy, but the rotor is bigger(bothers me) and will the same parts fit both sides now? I want to get matching rotors/calipers for obvious reasons.

It kinda looks like my wheel in deeper in the wheel well too(the drivers side with the 88 parts) :confused: I need some insight. Anyone? And also, any recommendations on what I should upgrade my front brakes with? I want SS lines and all that good stuff.

russiankid
06-04-2008, 10:01 AM
You would need to swap out the passenger hub to allow the bigger brakes. Also, since you are getting bigger brakes, you would need to swap out the MC from the 88'.

codyJDM
06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Alright, Ill make sure to do that first. I just want them to match.. lol.

russiankid
06-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Alright, Ill make sure to do that first. I just want them to match.. lol.

Does the car pull to the left when you brake? I would assume it would with more stopping power on that side. I would also get an alignment done just to be sure.

As far as the parts go for the brakes, it depends what you are looking for. Brembo blanks and decent pads should work just fine. I have Raybesto QS series pads and they work great. I've heard AEM pads are good too. Try to find yourself an SE-i and do the rear disc swap, you won't regret it.

ghettogeddy
06-04-2008, 11:15 AM
ya just swap both sides over and the mc and you will have bigger brakes

markmdz89hatch
06-04-2008, 11:23 AM
...same as everyone else said. Except you might end up pulling to the right for now b/c without that master, and prop valve, u might not be pushing enough to the left front for the caliper to engage completely.

As for wheel positioning in the wheel well, that's the first time I've heard anythign of that sort.

Check the mounting point on the center bolt on the lca and make sure it's not bent back at all. Also bring it in for an alignment too b/c u might find that the radius arm(s) got bent in the accident as well.

I would also replace the radius arm bushings while you're at it too b/c they get tired, and can cause sloppy steering response if they're worn.

codyJDM
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I replaced everything, radius rods, LCA, fork, UCA, axle, the hub, and about to swap the crossmember because it is kinked at the mounting point of the LCA. Im going to take the prop valve and MC off my '88 as well. I dont pull to any side while braking actually, which is nice.

I cant get an alignment due to my x-member being kinked, my radius rod is maxed out to accommodate the fact that my wheel is pushed back about a 1/2 inch. Once the crossmember is done everything will fall into place. Lots of work, I <3 my impact wrench!

codyJDM
06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Does the car pull to the left when you brake? I would assume it would with more stopping power on that side. I would also get an alignment done just to be sure.

As far as the parts go for the brakes, it depends what you are looking for. Brembo blanks and decent pads should work just fine. I have Raybesto QS series pads and they work great. I've heard AEM pads are good too. Try to find yourself an SE-i and do the rear disc swap, you won't regret it.

I was looking into brembo blanks actually. I think Im gonna get them. And hot damn if I found an SE-i I'd have a field day. lol.

russiankid
06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I was looking into brembo blanks actually. I think Im gonna get them. And hot damn if I found an SE-i I'd have a field day. lol.

Sounds good!

codyJDM
06-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Indeed. Ill keep you guys posted, should have everything off my other car soon.