PDA

View Full Version : RPM problems

zigzag
06-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Man its been a while.... subway has me working way to much >.<.... anyways I'm having problems with my RPM. when I'm driving my rpm seems fine but when I'm stopped it feels like it wants to keep pulling forward so i put it in park and it shoots up to 2k. I tap my breaks and the rpm goes down, but when i put it in drive and go it does it again sometimes at the next stop. It never does this after the second time. Almost every morning i let my car warm up to normal temp. I have sprayed around my linkage with carb cleaner to get rid of the gunk build up. Any help would be appreciated ^_^.

Also does anyone know how to tune a carb? It is running too rich.... dont know anyone who knows carbs.... and where is the closest vacuum line to the intake manifold? im thinking about trying that hydrogen system and i want the hydrogen to mix with the gas vapors.

russiankid
06-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Not exactly sure on the idle problem ,but I would check for vacuum leaks and also check your throttle controller. If it doesn't hold vacuum anymore it will cause idle issues. As far as running rich, check the float bowl level, it should be half way.