PDA

View Full Version : Hi! IŽm new!

1GCustomAccord
06-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I am Carl,from Argentine,curently living in Paraguay,my hobby is to collect old cars but i felt in love with old hondas long time ago,i own an 79 Accord sedan 1.6 non CVCC 5speed,in wich i am spending all my spare time,because i really love this car.
I wanted to find a forum like this one long time ago,now thank goodness i found 1geez,i didnt know there is more 1G honda Accord lovers around the world,but now i am happy to be here to know about u all and share stuff.
I am doing some cool/crazy/and maybe some stupid mods in my Accord then my experience can be usefull 4 someone!
I bought it in 2002,from a junkyard that was about to dismantle the car but i realized it was a good proyect car,sad looking and amazingly neglected(the engine was tied up with a chain and a huge table,everything spilled with dark oil and rust eating several parts of the body),but complete with all its parts.The junkyard owner connected a battery and told me to try it to see what happens,then the magic happent,the engine started at once,idling at 850,the tach,temp,fuel meters,everything working,the P/S and A/C working good aswell...i was amazed,this Honda wanted to live!! I closed the deal in 400 $.I took the car to my house,then the engine died (shaved oil pump gear in the camshaft,common problem in 1st gen angines)i found out that the oil duct to the head, had gasket maker (silicone) inside.That was long time ago,and after repairing the engine i had lot of fun with my car till 07,then i dismantled the car completely to perform a complete and deep overhaulinŽ-like work(u know..Chip Foose :P). That was the beginning of everything about my car,lot of work and time,but soon she will be in the streets again!

PS:As u can surely see my english is BAD! 4give me and use your imagination when needed :lol: but iŽll try to improve.:nuts:

PS2: I have pictures of all the process,except of the junkyard :(..iŽll post them.

2ndGenGuy
06-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I am Carl,from Argentine,curently living in Paraguay,my hobby is to collect old cars but i felt in love with old hondas long time ago,i own an 79 Accord sedan 1.6 non CVCC 5speed,in wich i am spending all my spare time,because i really love this car.
I wanted to find a forum like this one long time ago,now thank goodness i found 1geez,i didnt know there is more 1G honda Accord lovers around the world,but now i am happy to be here to know about u all and share stuff.
I am doing some cool/crazy/and maybe some stupid mods in my Accord then my experience can be usefull 4 someone!
I bought it in 2002,from a junkyard that was about to dismantle the car but i realized it was a good proyect car,sad looking and amazingly neglected(the engine was tied up with a chain and a huge table,everything spilled with dark oil and rust eating several parts of the body),but complete with all its parts.The junkyard owner connected a battery and told me to try it to see what happens,then the magic happent,the engine started at once,idling at 850,the tach,temp,fuel meters,everything working,the P/S and A/C working good aswell...i was amazed,this Honda wanted to live!! I closed the deal in 400 $.I took the car to my house,then the engine died (shaved oil pump gear in the camshaft,common problem in 1st gen angines)i found out that the oil duct to the head, had gasket maker (silicone) inside.That was long time ago,and after repairing the engine i had lot of fun with my car till 07,then i dismantled the car completely to perform a complete and deep overhaulinŽ-like work(u know..Chip Foose :P). That was the beginning of everything about my car,lot of work and time,but soon she will be in the streets again!

PS:As u can surely see my english is BAD! 4give me and use your imagination when needed :lol: but iŽll try to improve.:nuts:

PS2: I have pictures of all the process,except of the junkyard :(..iŽll post them.

Hi :welcome: nice to have you aboard! We're always glad to see more 1g enthusiasts! Can't wait to see pics of your car! Don't worry about your English, it's better than most people on the internet who only speak English. :lol:

You're right about that camshaft gear getting shaved off. It does seem to be one of the most common problems other than the head gasket! Glad to hear you rescued your 1gee from the jaws of the crusher! I did the same with my 1gee, got it at the junk yard and rebuilt the motor and complete overhaul. Can't wait to see your pics of your overhaul, and we hope you stick around!

Civic Accord Honda
06-06-2008, 05:36 PM
sweet welcome to the fourm maing
cant wait to se some pics

Don't worry about your English, it's better than most people on the internet who only speak English. :lol:

like cah? :rofl: :nuts:

Hazwan
06-06-2008, 06:00 PM
:welcome: and post pics!

forrest89sei
06-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Welcome! :welcome:

greentee76
06-06-2008, 06:56 PM
:welcome:
I always love to hear about another saved classic!

1GCustomAccord
06-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Hi :welcome: nice to have you aboard! We're always glad to see more 1g enthusiasts! Can't wait to see pics of your car! Don't worry about your English, it's better than most people on the internet who only speak English. :lol:

You're right about that camshaft gear getting shaved off. It does seem to be one of the most common problems other than the head gasket! Glad to hear you rescued your 1gee from the jaws of the crusher! I did the same with my 1gee, got it at the junk yard and rebuilt the motor and complete overhaul. Can't wait to see your pics of your overhaul, and we hope you stick around!

Thanks :cool: take a look at my eaten camshaft,and a healthy one

1GCustomAccord
06-07-2008, 04:24 PM
:banghead:I cant post pictures!:crying: IŽll have to read the instructions,canŽt be difficult.. :hmph:

JOSEAMOY
06-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Hola yo tambien soy de Argentina, de San Luis, tambien propietario de un accord 1981, y creo que a partir de mańana de otro.- Mi mail es [email protected], cualquier cosa contactame ahi, mandame las fotos y yo las posteo.- Saludos

2ndGenGuy
06-09-2008, 02:22 PM
:banghead:I cant post pictures!:crying: IŽll have to read the instructions,canŽt be difficult.. :hmph:

You have to find a site to host your photos first. A quick and easy one is www.photobucket.com

Then once they're up, you will get a url like so
[ img]http://photobucket.com/user/image.jpg[ /img]

Then copy and paste it into a post. :)

SZfiftyfour
06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
:wave: welcome. Cant wait for pics!

1GCustomAccord
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
You have to find a site to host your photos first. A quick and easy one is www.photobucket.com

Then once they're up, you will get a url like so
[ img]http://photobucket.com/user/image.jpg[ /img]

Then copy and paste it into a post. :)

Thanks master! IŽll follow your instructions! (right now) I hope i can post some pics...:help:

Jose,tu auto no es el verde? Lo tengo de wallpaper! Hermosa maquina y excelente paisaje..

1GCustomAccord
06-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh,and thanks everyone 4 the :welcome:!!!! :):D:flash:

JOSEAMOY
06-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Thanks master! IŽll follow your instructions! (right now) I hope i can post some pics...:help:

Jose,tu auto no es el verde? Lo tengo de wallpaper! Hermosa maquina y excelente paisaje..

Si, anotá mi mail y nos comunicamos mas fácil, mańana me entregan otro accord 1981, ya voy a poner fotos