PDA

View Full Version : ignition switch

import racer
06-08-2008, 05:21 PM
can anyone tell me how to change the ignition switch,do you have to drill out the two bolts without heads and replace the bolts.

EricW
06-08-2008, 08:28 PM
You can change the switch without changing the steering lock or lock cylinder. The switch is held on with two screws.

MessyHonda
06-09-2008, 07:01 AM
remember to unhook the batt.....i forgot to do mine and i blew a fuse that only honda carried...that was 8 bucks and that was with my mechanic discount

russiankid
06-09-2008, 07:36 AM
remember to unhook the batt.....i forgot to do mine and i blew a fuse that only honda carried...that was 8 bucks and that was with my mechanic discount

You blew the 50amp fuse? Those are $8 bucks at Honda without a discount here.:wave: Anyways, as Messy said disconnect the battery first.

MessyHonda
06-09-2008, 07:47 AM
You blew the 50amp fuse? Those are $8 bucks at Honda without a discount here.:wave: Anyways, as Messy said disconnect the battery first.

it was a green on in the engine bay that is connected with the 2 screws...i think its a 30amp ot 40...but yeah i blew it...and i had to drive to 2 dealerships to find it cuz the first one was going to order it but i wanted to drive my car so i drove an extra 9 miles and got it.

russiankid
06-09-2008, 07:48 AM
it was a green on in the engine bay that is connected with the 2 screws...i think its a 30amp ot 40...but yeah i blew it...and i had to drive to 2 dealerships to find it cuz the first one was going to order it but i wanted to drive my car so i drove an extra 9 miles and got it.

They should have just about every fuse in stock.

import racer
06-09-2008, 06:22 PM
ok thanks,don't have a bat in it.when i need to start it or what ever,take the bat out of my 87.also i have lots of those fuses,save them up from parts cars.