PDA

View Full Version : Explicit Speed 3pt Strut Bar

2drSE-i
06-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Yes, the ball is still rolling, just very slowly. These bars are by far designed better and stronger than Justins or DC Sports bars. The price will be kinda high (Around 200 each...maybe more for the R&D) but the price will be for each. He is not really interested in doing a group buy i dont think, all he really wants is someone to show up so he can make a template.

The Good: Awesome bars, strong as hell, will clear B-series manifold.

The bad: He has been super backed up for 2 months now. I keep emailing and IMing him and he keeps saying 2 weeks. Not a big deal, im not in any huge hurry to get mine. Problem is, when we do get this rolling, orders will take a while for him to fill.
Also Bad: For FI motors only. Carbed guys could PROBABLY get by with a civic airbox.

So for, i have a few that have said they are interested.

1. 2DrSE-i
2. ZackieDarko
3. Picopop
4. Messyhonda

Add to as you guys see fit, post any questions you may have and ill do my best to answer them.

bobafett
06-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Once I get my car going I might be able to take it up to him as an example of a B manifold. However who knows when it will be able to do that. I was going to go to him to build me a custom setup for traction bars / crossmember replacement.

I think he is less than 2 hours away from me, so if I can get my car going maybe by then he will have enough people committed and I can cruise up there to help with mockup. We can probably get zach and alex to help to for other types of configurations.

right alex?

2drSE-i
06-11-2008, 09:23 AM
i was just chatting with him about the b manifold, we may be able to route it around the manifold rather than over, to bypass the problem completely.

2drSE-i
06-11-2008, 07:36 PM
really? No1?

LX-incredible
06-11-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm interested.

frantik
06-11-2008, 08:12 PM
interested but broke lol.. got any pics of other bars the dude's made?

bobafett
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
http://explicitspeedperformance.net/

Pico
06-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Im still interested but money's tight, but I'll find a way if this goes thru

MessyHonda
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
yeah im still interested but money is way too tight...to the point where i might start walking to save gas...haha

frantik
06-11-2008, 11:49 PM
i might start walking to save gas...haha

isn't your work like just a few blocks away anyways?

MessyHonda
06-12-2008, 12:18 AM
isn't your work like just a few blocks away anyways?

its 11 blocks away. 1.1 miles away...around 20 mins walking normal

2drSE-i
06-12-2008, 06:47 AM
like i said he keeps pushing it 2 weeks back every time i talk to him so we will see

mykwikcoupe
06-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Im very interested but just a thought, if he comes off the front of the strut mounting points rather than the middle or the back would probably help in clearances of the manifolds. If I ever get mine installed id be down for a test fitting but id buy one either way.

2ndGenGuy
06-12-2008, 03:41 PM
If anybody goes to test fit their cars, let me know! I wanna go too!

knarg
06-12-2008, 04:08 PM
yeah, i want to see his other designs, or what they will look like

2drSE-i
06-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Pics as requested:
http://explicitspeedperformance.net/myPictures/H22ACrx10.JPG
http://explicitspeedperformance.net/myPictures/DC31.JPG

this is the idea i had for us to use. I chose the torque bracket just because it is already meant to handle some serious stress, which would make it a pretty good placement for the firewall mount

OH and newaccorddriver i did use your photo, sorry for not asking permission just let me know if you want me to take it down, i just thought it would be a good example of a 3g with a bseries intake mani
http://lh5.ggpht.com/Hanson405/SFAHw82lgpI/AAAAAAAAAdo/-jxy5QSTukQ/s400/a20%20w%20b16.jpg

they also have some bad ass 4pt rear bars for civics and stuff, here ya go.
http://explicitspeedperformance.net/myPictures/IMG_1525.jpg

H2289Acc
06-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes, the ball is still rolling, just very slowly. These bars are by far designed better and stronger than Justins or DC Sports bars. The price will be kinda high (Around 200 each...maybe more for the R&D) but the price will be for each. He is not really interested in doing a group buy i dont think, all he really wants is someone to show up so he can make a template.

The Good: Awesome bars, strong as hell, will clear B-series manifold.

The bad: He has been super backed up for 2 months now. I keep emailing and IMing him and he keeps saying 2 weeks. Not a big deal, im not in any huge hurry to get mine. Problem is, when we do get this rolling, orders will take a while for him to fill.
Also Bad: For FI motors only. Carbed guys could PROBABLY get by with a civic airbox.

So for, i have a few that have said they are interested.

1. 2DrSE-i
2. ZackieDarko
3. Picopop
4. Messyhonda
5. H2289Acc + a rear 4 point anyone?

Add to as you guys see fit, post any questions you may have and ill do my best to answer them.