PDA

View Full Version : Blower problem

LxAcc510
06-12-2008, 12:08 AM
1989 Honda Accord LX

My F**KN blower doesn't work properly...when i first start my car at the beginning of my day. turn my blower level from 0 to 4....NOTHING HAPPENS

However when i get on the freeway and accelerate up to maybe 65m/h+...the blower kicks in. :wtf:

Anyone have an idea whats going on here?

Pnem3
06-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Could be bad brushes in the blower motor. When you get up to speed, it probably just bumps it around a bit until the brushes make contact. Try tapping the motor with a screw driver to see if it works next time you have a problem. I hope this helps.

LxAcc510
06-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Could be bad brushes in the blower motor. When you get up to speed, it probably just bumps it around a bit until the brushes make contact. Try tapping the motor with a screw driver to see if it works next time you have a problem. I hope this helps.

Ok but before i try to tap the motor do you know where the blower motor is located? er can you give me an idea of where its located?

nfs480
06-14-2008, 03:37 PM
It's right below the dashboard under the glove compartment. It's that plastic container-like thing on the very right.

LxAcc510
07-13-2008, 01:24 AM
It's right below the dashboard under the glove compartment. It's that plastic container-like thing on the very right.

Yea i found that motor now. Cuz today i heard some light tapping and i followed the sound. Now what should i do with it to get my blowers to work properly?

nfs480
07-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Try replacing the blower motor resistor. I just ordered one for mine because it occasionally doesn't work when set to speed 3. It's possible yours doesn't work at all. If that doesn't work you might have to replace the motor. The nice thing about replacing the resistor is that it's cheap and you don't have to remove the motor from under the dash to replace it.

LxAcc510
07-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Yea im planning on going to the junkyard and finding another blower motor. But in the mean time it usually starts working when i just tap it a few times

Demon1024
07-16-2008, 10:38 PM
mine stopped working today too so this is perfect timing. THANK YOU!

AZmike
07-18-2008, 05:20 AM
You may want to remove the blower motor resistors and inspect them before ordering any parts. It's just one wire connector and two screws under the glove box.

I found that my resistors had some debris stuck to them so I was getting inconsistent fan performance at different settings. Cleaning the resistor coils and bending them apart a little solved my problem.