PDA

View Full Version : Pacesetter catback exhaust?

87SIA20A3T
06-12-2008, 06:51 AM
I plan on turbocharging my car in the near future, and I know as far that back pressure in a turbocharged exhaust setup is bad, as different from back pressure in a N/A setup i.e. scavanging. My question being, the pacestter catback exhaust the only one they make for a A series, is the muffeler chambered or is it a straight through design? And does anyone use this exhaust on there car, and do you like it?

LX-incredible
06-12-2008, 09:22 AM
I have one. The muffler that comes with it is chambered, restrictive, and loud. Pipe is good, but definitely too small for turbo. It's the only performance exhaust being made for the A series.

Tdurr
06-12-2008, 09:51 AM
If you are gonna turbo you will want a MIN of 2.5inch piping, and not the crushed bent stuff either. Best size would be a 2.75-3inch exhaust depending on how big your turbo is.
~TDR

turabaka
06-12-2008, 10:21 AM
It's really not that hard to build your own cat-back exhaust. I did it with my dad in a weekend, but if I were to do it again I could probably do it in a day since we know what we're doing this time around.

87SIA20A3T
06-12-2008, 01:29 PM
If I made my own exhaust (I am a welding major at pct lol) which would be a good non restrictive muffler to use, other than a rice can?

ghettogeddy
06-12-2008, 01:37 PM
If I made my own exhaust (I am a welding major at pct lol) which would be a good non restrictive muffler to use, other than a rice can?

magnflow has one flowmaster the name brand ones lol

Toneloc5145
06-12-2008, 01:37 PM
I have the pacesetter exhaust and I would not call it loud by any means. It is a chambered design, so more restrictive than i would recommend for a turbo. I like it though, it has a nice sound on my car. Mine is carb'd though, and the fi engines sound different (stock even) to me.

Civic Accord Honda
06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
rice can ftw!!!

frantik
06-12-2008, 02:44 PM
:slap:

turabaka
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM

I've got a magnaflow muffler on mine, and it sounds really nice. Not raspy at all.

MessyHonda
06-13-2008, 01:17 PM
i have headers, high flow cat and magnaflow muffler....its raspy when the cat is cold i guess...but my car runs so rich i think i clogged my cat.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
06-13-2008, 06:32 PM
I plan on turbocharging my car in the near future, and I know as far that back pressure in a turbocharged exhaust setup is bad, as different from back pressure in a N/A setup i.e. scavanging. My question being, the pacestter catback exhaust the only one they make for a A series, is the muffeler chambered or is it a straight through design? And does anyone use this exhaust on there car, and do you like it?

where are you located at?? im in PA, if your near me ill show you what it looks like.

87SIA20A3T
06-13-2008, 08:17 PM
damn! I live in connecticut, but I go to school in williamsport pa

Civic Accord Honda
06-13-2008, 08:55 PM
i have headers, high flow cat and magnaflow muffler....its raspy when the cat is cold i guess...but my car runs so rich i think i clogged my cat.
straight pipe ftw!