PDA

View Full Version : grr, help?

87newb
06-12-2008, 03:12 PM
2 questions

1. why is it that when im driving and i press and hold the brake to a stop my fuel gauge decreases, then either while im idling or start going again it builds back up?

2. my car hesitates, any ideas why?

russiankid
06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
1. While braking the car leans forward, thus resulting in the fuel in the tank to go forward as well. With the fuel transferring to the front of the tank, the sensor reads as the fuel level went down as the sensor is in the middle of the tank. This is normal.

2. Please be more specific.

2oodoor
06-12-2008, 03:22 PM
check your ground wires, Battery connections,rear harness and connection at the fuel pump on top of the tank. Mine was doing both of those things before but does not seem to be doing it as bad since I swapped carbs.

87newb
06-12-2008, 03:23 PM
for instance, ill be stopped at a red light, itll go green, and ill press the gas down and my car will hesitate before going. it doesnt happen everytime, just like like 1 out of 15 times id say, but it annoys me.

87newb
06-12-2008, 03:24 PM
check your ground wires, Battery connections,rear harness and connection at the fuel pump on top of the tank. Mine was doing both of those things before but does not seem to be doing it as bad since I swapped carbs.

ive checked them all, and also my brother double checked after me, still does it, its not a HUGE deal to me, it just annoys me when it does it.

russiankid
06-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Have you changed your fuel filters recently?

evil88accordLX
06-13-2008, 12:10 PM
spark plugs?

2oodoor
06-16-2008, 06:37 AM
with the car off, look down inside the throat of the carb and work the throttle, you should see a nice even stream squirt of gas coming from the accel pump nozzles in the carb. If not then your pump diagram is fatiged or possibly blocked towards the outlet nozzle. While you are looking check the booster venturis for excessive looseness.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48568