PDA

View Full Version : Interior

fogged
06-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I was wanting to find out if anyone knew if the interior from the rear half of a coupe (ie.. side panels and back seat) would fit in a hatch? I found a hatch for $300 w/ a blown motor. I have a good motor, but the hatch has NASTY interior. If they swap over Im going to get it. If not the search will go on.

guaynabo89
06-13-2008, 12:43 PM
no.

the side panels will not fit without chopping it up.

bullard123
06-21-2008, 06:54 PM
The front dooor panels will work though

Civic Accord Honda
06-21-2008, 07:30 PM
door panels front seats crapet center console and dash should all fit for sure maing

fogged
06-21-2008, 08:43 PM
I knew that the front was the same. If it was just me that rode in the car Id do it and not turn back. The thing is I have two kids that ride in the car, so I need the back half of the interior. No way in hell would my daughter get in it with the way it is now. She is a 10yr old deva.

lostforawhile
06-21-2008, 09:22 PM
door panels front seats crapet center console and dash should all fit for sure maingcah don't open your mouth without making sure, you've probably never even looked at a hatch up close. door panels won't fit,carpet won't fit, only hatch and coupe carpet are the same, sedan is different, sedan headliner can be cut down to fit,but the overhead light hole is in a different place, if you use a different overhead light it will work. also the 86 panels are different then the 88-89 hatch panels,not sure on 87, but 89 rear panels will not fit an 86, same with the quarter window glass. the trim mounting holes are different for the 89 glass, hard to explain but it just doesn't work. the trims along the outside of the door don't fit from 86 to 88-89, i assume the front door insides are the same. they went to those seat belts on the doors and attached to the seats, so everything is different. i've spent years playing with parts from an 89 to see what could be adapted.

Civic Accord Honda
06-21-2008, 10:11 PM
cah don't open your mouth without making sure, you've probably never even looked at a hatch up close. door panels won't fit,carpet won't fit, only hatch and coupe carpet are the same, sedan is different, sedan headliner can be cut down to fit,but the overhead light hole is in a different place, if you use a different overhead light it will work. also the 86 panels are different then the 88-89 hatch panels,not sure on 87, but 89 rear panels will not fit an 86, same with the quarter window glass. the trim mounting holes are different for the 89 glass, hard to explain but it just doesn't work. the trims along the outside of the door don't fit from 86 to 88-89, i assume the front door insides are the same. they went to those seat belts on the doors and attached to the seats, so everything is different. i've spent years playing with parts from an 89 to see what could be adapted.
i grew up in a hatch and in a coupe fyi :Owned2:

lostforawhile
06-21-2008, 10:49 PM
i grew up in a hatch and in a coupe fyi :Owned2:you don't own anyone. you've been to a junkyard what three times in your life? lets not put this thread off topic,we know you know everything there is to know