PDA

View Full Version : problem,help

cameron7710
06-13-2008, 04:58 PM
ok so me and myt brother where changing the spark plugs on his car and he did it and all was fine until a few minutes i noticed some smoke comin from the area of one of the plugs i dont really know what the problem could be one thought was maybe from the exhaust manifold maybe some of the gunk that we scraped off around the area was helping keep it in? or i dont even know so let me know what u guess think could be the problem cause my brother is getin a little bit pissed off that all theses thong r goin wrong with his car

russiankid
06-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Could you describe this smoke? Is it constant? Does it go away?

cameron7710
06-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Could you describe this smoke? Is it constant? Does it go away?
its just kinda like if u lit a cigeret and just let it sit there
ill see if i can take a video of it

russiankid
06-13-2008, 06:30 PM
It seems that grease or oil got on the manifold or the head while you were working on it and its just burning off.

cameron7710
06-13-2008, 07:14 PM
It seems that grease or oil got on the manifold or the head while you were working on it and its just burning off.

ya we are retarded we just started to think about that when we where outside running the car and it wasnt doing enything for 15 min we sould of thought of that cause when he bought the car and the valve cover gasket was bad and was leaking everywhere and the smoke was the same as when it burn off all the leaked oil and the oil is what we had to scrape out of the way of the plugs

well enyway thanks for the help :thumbup:

russiankid
06-13-2008, 07:20 PM
No problem. Usually I give the car 10-15 minutes after working on it to burn off all the grease. If some smoke persists afterwards, then I look into it further.

cameron7710
06-13-2008, 07:35 PM
No problem. Usually I give the car 10-15 minutes after working on it to burn off all the grease. If some smoke persists afterwards, then I look into it further.

ya we didnt really think about it i just figure the cars smoking so we should probley turn it off and figure out whats wrong to get turned it off and then try some thing than fire it up and it still did it after warming up a bit so we just turned it off and posted