PDA

View Full Version : Carb to EFI Question

cestiii
06-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Have an 89 DX Auto 2DR. Found an 88 LX 3DR that don't run for a good deal.

Does anyone think I will have problems swapping from the 3DR 88 to the 2DR 89?

I am mostly concerned with the fuel tank and wiring harnesses. I would guess that they would be similar, but I do not know.

Thanks for the help!

Civic Accord Honda
06-14-2008, 10:45 AM
they should be the same
if i were u tho id just put the 2doors engine in the lxi the lxi is a better car all around :)

cestiii
06-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Going to look at it tonight. That's what I was thinking too, we'll see. Wish us luck in keeping another 3Gee on the road!

Laters!

turabaka
06-14-2008, 12:07 PM
You do know that the LX is carbed right? DX and LX are carbed. LX-i and SE-i are fuel injected.

cestiii
06-14-2008, 12:13 PM
there was an LX and an LXi? Crap, I am gonna call this guy and find out for sure.

Thanks for the help!

cestiii
06-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Just got off the phone with the guy's mom. She was kind enough to go out and have a look at the car because he was gone fishin'.

The badges were missing off of the back of the car. Shoot.

She opened the hood and there in all it's glory was:

PGM-FI. Programmed Fuel Injection. 12 Valve.

STOKED!!! We rollin to take a look and put down the payment until I can trailer it back to tha house.

Mom's gonna be stoked when we kick that old carb in the metal dumpster at work!

AccordB20A
06-14-2008, 02:14 PM
EFI>CARB

but its going to be a lot of fun swapping the lines/tank/wiring for the efi

MessyHonda
06-15-2008, 12:49 AM
yeah efi just sounds better at WOT than a stock carb with 30 vac lines.

2oodoor
06-15-2008, 03:10 AM
they made a 2 door DX carbed coupe?
I want one !
I concur Messy , but I have driven both and prefer the sound and feel of a weber 38/38. I have stock exhaust on the DX and it never had a sound to it at all, now it sounds like it has a hi perf o muffler or something.

good luck with the swap cestiii, I was told the tanks were all the same as far as 4 door, two door and hatch

russiankid
06-15-2008, 03:41 AM
they made a 2 door DX carbed coupe?
I want one !
I concur Messy , but I have driven both and prefer the sound and feel of a weber 38/38. I have stock exhaust on the DX and it never had a sound to it at all, now it sounds like it has a hi perf o muffler or something.

good luck with the swap cestiii, I was told the tanks were all the same as far as 4 door, two door and hatch

Yes they did make a coupe DX. They had the coupe DX,LX-i and SE-i. I do not think any 3door 3gen's were LX. I thought only the sedans were LX?

2oodoor
06-15-2008, 04:28 AM
Yes they did make a coupe DX. They had the coupe DX,LX-i and SE-i. I do not think any 3door 3gen's were LX. I thought only the sedans were LX?
There are several 3 door LX carbed on the board, Lostforawhile, turabaka come to mind first. my ADD kicking in~everybody else
Since carbed coupes were made then I should be able to find one by now already since in general people give up on carbed Accords. :lol::dunno:

cestiii
06-15-2008, 06:23 AM
I am going to pick up the car next weekend. It's pretty rough, body wise, but has all the stuff I need. Even a short ram! J/K.

I got a 1988 Prelude S for my 25th B-day from my mom. It was $300 and had no engine or transmission. So I am very well versed with swaps.

I spent several weekends in the local junkyards getting all the parts for the swap to Si. Loving that car to this day. Wish I had some pics to throw up.

I lucked out finding this car, now I have all the parts in one place for the swap. Sweet!

It even has the armrest! Mom is gonna be stoked when I get done, her Carb has been lugging around for awhile.

Much love for the Carb enthusiasts, but I am all about PULSE WIDTH.

PGM-FI FTW! One Programmed Fuel Injection system to rule them all!

turabaka
06-15-2008, 09:55 AM
There are several 3 door LX carbed on the board, Lostforawhile, turabaka come to mind first. my ADD kicking in~everybody else
Since carbed coupes were made then I should be able to find one by now already since in general people give up on carbed Accords. :lol::dunno:

mine's actually a DX. Only ones to come with black interior are 88 dx hatchies and 89 dx coupes. Both in red.

rfiks
09-30-2008, 06:53 PM
yeah efi just sounds better at WOT than a stock carb with 30 vac lines.

werdup!

labeledsk8r
09-30-2008, 06:58 PM

those are all DX lol

theres a few carbed coupes floating around down here in florida...

sorry for the off topic, FI on a DX car means faster engine in the lightest version of the car..... good luck with the EF-i swap

A18A
09-30-2008, 07:20 PM
EFI>CARB

but its going to be a lot of fun swapping the lines/tank/wiring for the efi

agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed agreed