PDA

View Full Version : Just got new Viper 350HV

LxAcc510
06-14-2008, 02:24 PM
What's up guys...I just got a viper 350hv on my car installed by a local shop.

I was wondering if anyone knew what i should look at or for to see whether or not they did a good job, and what I could do to fix it...or moreover to make it more satisfactory.

THanks dudes!

:flip:

Pico
06-14-2008, 03:35 PM
look for any hanging wires, is the control unit easy to get to ( dont want a thief to be able to reach in and grab it) did the use butt connectors and shrink tubing (instead of just electrical tape)

Toneloc5145
06-15-2008, 07:01 PM
I have the same exact alarm and I love it. For some reason, when they first installed it, the automatic door locks worked, but they just randomly stopped working and i never bothered to see what was up since its not a big deal. Otherwise, its just a standard alarm. I would test to make sure it works every now and then (arm the alarm while your sitting in the car and open the door).

LxAcc510
06-15-2008, 07:31 PM
look for any hanging wires, is the control unit easy to get to ( dont want a thief to be able to reach in and grab it) did the use butt connectors and shrink tubing (instead of just electrical tape)

Uhm..no shrink tubing, looks like they just used one of those snake looking plastic wraps. :dunno: and the siren is mounted to the firewall...n looks like they ran the wire into that hole where the clutch cable and that other stuff runs thru..n i felt under the driver side seat n i think theres cables mounted under there too?

Well anyway bottom line im satisfied so far...keyless entry/exit..trunk sensor. But it still seems like these wires can just get chopped and pfft..everythings fucked.

BUT this place did give us a "lifetime warranty" they told me I can come in to get anything adjusted, if anythings wrong etc....

LxAcc510
06-15-2008, 07:44 PM
I have the same exact alarm and I love it. For some reason, when they first installed it, the automatic door locks worked, but they just randomly stopped working and i never bothered to see what was up since its not a big deal. Otherwise, its just a standard alarm. I would test to make sure it works every now and then (arm the alarm while your sitting in the car and open the door).

You mean your doorlocks wont unlock thru the little switch on the driver's side?

What mine does now is when i start the locks all lock. Then when the car is turned off they all unlock...i was surprised when i first found that out haha. It's like mercedes n bmws, their locks unlcok n lock like that too.

Did you get a warranty on yours? Cuz if you did you can go back to the shop n ask them to check it out?

Oh btw, did they mount your siren under the hood? against the firewall?

Toneloc5145
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM
You mean your doorlocks wont unlock thru the little switch on the driver's side?

What mine does now is when i start the locks all lock. Then when the car is turned off they all unlock...i was surprised when i first found that out haha. It's like mercedes n bmws, their locks unlcok n lock like that too.

Did you get a warranty on yours? Cuz if you did you can go back to the shop n ask them to check it out?

Oh btw, did they mount your siren under the hood? against the firewall?

Yeah, mine used to lock automatically when i started the car, and unlock when i turned it off. That, for some reason, stopped working randomly. But my power locks still work.

I honestly don't even remember if I got a warranty, and for something so minute, I'm not going to bother to get it fixed. As long as the actual alarm works, its money to me.

And yeah, they mounted the siren on the firewall.