PDA

View Full Version : 88 Accord Questions

bank2me
06-15-2008, 08:18 AM
So recently we had floods were I live and it was bad. So that day I had to work and I had to drive through some of it. So before I get to work my door/seatbelt light is flashing. It has always been on since I've got the car but never flashed. When I get to work the fans stay on when I turned it off. Today the seatbelt light and the seatbelt/door lights are flashing one after the other. On top of that my fucking floorboards got soaked. Any suggestions to fixing.

Oldblueaccord
06-17-2008, 08:27 PM
seat belt is prolly one of the latches is messed up. I think that box is the one under the radio up front.

Dry the car out remember the ECU is under the drivers seat.

wp

Dr_Snooz
06-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Yikes! I hope that ECU didn't get wet. A few flashing lights might be the least of your problems.

I'm not exactly sure why, but Honda really went apeshit with the active restraints in our cars. In the coupes, the belts are mounted to the doors, apparently in the hope that you will leave them buckled all the time. The real effect, however, is to make the doors incredibly heavy. There are no fewer than three seat belt lights, one of which flashes and all of which remain on until you buckle. If that isn't enough, there is a buzzer that causes paralysis in test subjects forced to listen to its noise for long periods. Among my first acts upon taking ownership of my car was to disable every single seat belt light, buzzer, alarm, etc. I believe the lights will leave you alone if you unplug the wires running under your seat to the buckles. You might have to jumper them, but I don't think so. The lights near the rear-view mirror are another matter. I remember pulling that all apart, but not exactly what I did. I might have simply pulled the bulbs. Sorry.

The fans are designed to stay on, so I wouldn't worry about that.

On the whole, I'd drive carefully, try to air things out as much as possible and hope for the best.

bank2me
06-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Yea dr snooz I've just been letting stuff dry out it's been hot here lately. It hasn't been doing anything unuslately. The fans have never done that on my car before but ok if they do. :beer:

Oldblueaccord
06-18-2008, 10:50 AM
My fans freaked out and stayed on a few weeks ago I think the relay just stuck. I checked the temps and its was way below what it should have been but they stayed on like 20 mins for some reason.

I think if one person is belted up front the buzzer comes on every few minutes if no one is wearing them your usually OK.

Like Dr.snooze said I clipped out the noise maker for the key but left the light on buzzer in the box. That way I can run the radio with the doors open etc.

wp

bank2me
06-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Yea oldblue my buzzer doesnt come on. But today it didn't flash or anything really weird like that.

Dr_Snooz
06-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Woohoo! Keep your fingers crossed!

:thumbup: