PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signals kill Gauges

Toneloc5145
06-15-2008, 06:55 PM
This problem is ANNOYING. Its not consistent at all, but sometimes when I turn on my turn signal (left or right), I will hear a quick buzz and then my tachometer, fuel, and engine temp gauge will go out, as well as the clock.

SOMETIMES, the gauges will turn back on and all of the "idiot lights" will light up as if i had just turned the ignition on if i return the turn signal stalk to its regular position. Sometimes i have to turn the engine off in order to get them to turn back on. Sometimes, they won't come back on at all no matter what i do.

So wtf could it be? Combo switch was replaced 2-3 years ago. The only thing i can think of is one of the exterior turn signal bulbs shorting out because of water? Or maybe a fuse is about to go. I dunno, maybe one of you have experienced this before.

AccordB20A
06-15-2008, 07:40 PM
well if the indicator wires/bulbs were shorted out it would blow a fuse before it interfered with the dash. i believe they do share the same fuse tho. you might be right about the fuse being stuffed. maybe its not letting as much current thru as it should. either that or its an earth under there somewhere not connecting properly. wheres the nosie u hear come from??

Toneloc5145
06-15-2008, 08:01 PM
I can't really tell where the buzzing is coming from as this usually happens when im driving. But I believe its coming from behind the steering column somewhere. It almost sounds like whatever that makes that clicking sound when the turn signal is on is what is causing the buzzing.

AccordB20A
06-15-2008, 11:44 PM
oh okay do the turn signals work and flash like they should? if they dont theres a definate lack of power going to the circuit. flasher relays like to make annoying noises when they dont have adequate power.

Toneloc5145
06-16-2008, 04:46 AM
The turn signals do flash and work, as do the hazard lights. However, whenever this problem occurs, none of the flashers work when i move the turn signal stalk up or down.

Civic Accord Honda
06-16-2008, 10:20 PM
check grounds