PDA

View Full Version : Two questions!!(cooling and fuel)

Tdurr
06-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Alright, so my accord has been sitting pretty much for 6 months(suspended license then tranny went out). well the other day after i got my shit back and went to the gas station and filled it to half a tank. Everything ran smooth for about 2 days. Then suddenly it had a weird/hard time starting. It will start up for like 1 sec then die. Then ill spend a few min trying to crank it, give up come back 5-10 min later and it starts no problem. WTF is causing it? Clogging fuel filter? gunk in fuel line? After it starts it runs fine, no problem wut so ever. Oh yea it has about 2,65x miles on a rebuild... so yea...(i put most of them on there my self)

#2, wut are some year civic half stacks I can put in this bad boy(gonna go turbo by end of the year)
Thanks 3geez family!
~TDR

Pico
06-15-2008, 11:45 PM
sounds like the fuel filter, dirt settled in your tank from sitting and now is coming up and going thru the filters.
Are you carbed or injected

Tdurr
06-16-2008, 12:08 AM
fuel injected. I did start it up every not and then, let it idle, then drive for a min then let it idle again. Oh i for got to say, when it was sitting it had like a lil more then 3/4th of a tank of gas, and ran it to a lil under the 1/4th in the 6 months. I did put a gallon or two of fresh gas in 2 times...
~TDR

russiankid
06-16-2008, 10:46 AM
I would change the fuel filter and go from there.

markmdz89hatch
06-27-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times 'big' problems are resolved by a friggin 4 dollar fuel filter.

Like everyone else said, I'd start there. Then run some fuel sys cleaner, and fill up the tank with good gas. You should be all set, but after that, we'll really see where we are and go from there.

Civic Accord Honda
06-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times 'big' problems are resolved by a friggin 4 dollar fuel filter.

Like everyone else said, I'd start there. Then run some fuel sys cleaner, and fill up the tank with good gas. You should be all set, but after that, we'll really see where we are and go from there. efi fuel filter is
$25 :(

2oodoor
06-27-2008, 02:52 PM
25 really?
I would change that to make a usdm efi filter work if that is the case