PDA

View Full Version : My CC stopped working?

codyJDM
06-17-2008, 09:26 AM
wtf? It was just fine maybe a month ago. Everything is connected, no corrosion or bad wires, etc. What should I check for? I have to drive from TX to CA at the end of the summer and I really was looking forward to having cruise.. haha. I only have used it twice since I got the car! Any insight? If it is straight up dead I will just swap it all over from the '88 but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Thanks guys :thumbup:

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Does the switch on the lower left of your dash light up when you push it in? If so, you've got power to the CC unit. A common issue is the clutch/brake pedal switch that deactivates the CC. If it is not reaching the pedals or malfunctioning, the CC won't turn on. This happened to my brother and turned out to be a simple fix (readjusted switch). Check yours. :)

codyJDM
06-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Does the switch on the lower left of your dash light up when you push it in? If so, you've got power to the CC unit. A common issue is the clutch/brake pedal switch that deactivates the CC. If it is not reaching the pedals or malfunctioning, the CC won't turn on. This happened to my brother and turned out to be a simple fix (readjusted switch). Check yours. :)

Ah! That makes sense. I can start my car without the clutch in as well, so that probably has something to do with too. I'll take a look when I get home, I'm in class right now. I'm not sure if it lights up, I'll have to check that when I get out in 30 minutes. Thanks!

'89AccordLX(Rus)
06-17-2008, 09:45 AM
No problem. BTW, not all 3G Accords had the clutch safety switch. I believe the early models did not have this (86-87). All models equipped with CC should have a switch for deactivating the CC though. Its a simple plunger switch. If the pedal doesn't depress it all the way, it doesn't make contact. I believe the pedal also has a rubber bumper of sorts to press on the switch. These eventually fall off and stop activating the switch. An easy fix is to put a bolt in their place. If you can get a hold of russiankid (my bro), he can explain in more detail since he ran into this problem with his (previously my) car.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
The switch on the steering wheel may have gone bad my ca wont work i have to play with the button and push it hard to make it work on my accord.

Civic Accord Honda
06-17-2008, 12:15 PM
only 89s got the clutch safe start switch
id just remove the cruise if u dont use much :)

MessyHonda
06-17-2008, 06:10 PM
mine gave out on the 3rd day i had the car....i should know cuz that was the day i got my first speeding ticket...i check my wheel button and it worked...so i just took it off...i just take like 20 min breaks for every 3 hours driven

Pico
06-17-2008, 06:15 PM
only 89s got the clutch safe start switch
id just remove the cruise if u dont use much :)

my 89 doesnt have the safety switch and the pedal assembly I swapped it from was a 89 also..

codyJDM
06-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Hm, well it has gotten me in the bad habit of starting my car without putting in the clutch lol. I will check the switch when there's light outside to do so =P hopefully it isn't the button on the wheel. btw the CC light does come on, so it is getting power. I'm sure its the switch by the pedal 'cause I was f'ing around down there while wiring my amp. Probably bumped somethin'.