PDA

View Full Version : Hell of alota noize!

HondaManDan
09-22-2002, 02:50 PM
im hearing a lot of clunking sounds from my front end. i just had everything replaced, upper ball joints, sway bar end links, axles, shocks, and i dont know what's clunking. so can someone help me out here? thanks!

Jims 86LXI HB
09-22-2002, 03:20 PM
Is their anything you do that tent's to make it be heard more?
Turning? I'd jack the front end of the car up and look at each cv boot all the way around each one. I wonder if your cv's are going out? Torn or cracked boot's would be very telling.

HondaManDan
09-22-2002, 04:50 PM
naw theyre brand new... it's more or less when i hit a bump.. not turning at all. but normaly it's smooth and quiet... not i justhear a clunking

GreenMachine
09-22-2002, 05:01 PM
I'd say either struts or springs .......lower control arm bushings possibley. Sound like you've replaced everything else

jigga225
09-22-2002, 05:35 PM
it could be the dust caps... thats what it was on mine
check under the hood, the top of the strut where the rod pokes thru the fenderwell. You might have these little black roundish/triangleish caps on them.
take them off and see if theres any slack between the nut and the body of the car. if there is... tighten it down until its snugg.

ACCORD EX
09-23-2002, 12:11 AM
check if the splash gaurd of the brake discs are not contacting the discs !

MIKE

1989se-i
09-23-2002, 11:04 AM
When i hit bumps, my car makes a clunking noise, but its just that the bar that holds up the hood when thats up is loose and it hits the chassis