PDA

View Full Version : uca lude arms

b20a86lude
06-17-2008, 07:33 PM
hey guys i was wondering if any one ever took apart the lude arms and try to find out if there is any simlar bushings that from urethane. i know some of u have lude arms . also is the accord bushings the same in the arm

Hauntd ca3
06-18-2008, 12:47 AM
am pretty sure there is a part number that will fit.
the uca bushes are the only ones that my local parts place has a urethane number for
other than the sway bar bushes

b20a86lude
06-27-2008, 06:23 PM
does anybody know how to get the bushings out i cant seem to figure it out:wtf:

b20a86lude
07-03-2008, 03:40 PM
any one know

87roach
07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Stick the arm in a vice, and then with a long punch(I used a long round one with a flat tip) and hammer around on the inside of the bushing. It will ease out after a bit(really depends on rust build-up ect). Then after you get that one out flip it over and repeat for the next one.

bullard123
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
On a side note anyone ever replace their 3gee upper rear control arms? There is a 14mm bolt on the upper front side of it that I can't figure how to get off. It has a 17mm nut on the rear of it

mykwikcoupe
07-05-2008, 05:02 PM
if you have a large engough vice and an array of sizes of sockets. i use the vise in a different way sort of like a press. One socket that fits the inside race of the bushing and another that fits the outside race just larger than the bushing. Set the 2 accorss from another and press the old bushing bushing out with the socket into the larger socket on the other side. Works great but you need a large vise

russiankid
07-05-2008, 06:35 PM
On a side note anyone ever replace their 3gee upper rear control arms? There is a 14mm bolt on the upper front side of it that I can't figure how to get off. It has a 17mm nut on the rear of it

Thats odd, I thought the rear arms were attached with two bolts and the ball joint goes through the spindle.

bullard123
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Thats odd, I thought the rear arms were attached with two bolts and the ball joint goes through the spindle.
Yep that sounds right. I couldn't get the splindle out from the ball joints. Maybe they are rusted? Well I bought a new upper rear control arm I hope I don't have this same problem taking my old one off of my hatch

nsstech
08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
Pop your hood, loosen the wiper blade motor on the driver's side and unbolt and unplug the black "box" on the passenger side. I left all the vacuum lines connected and folded it back. I believe the nuts are 19MM, 2 per control arm. Loosen the nuts and the control arm should drop out (granted you have already popped the ball joint apart). You will understand how it is connected to the car. :lol:

EDIT: Just saw you were talking about rear control arms. Sorry the herb hasn't quite worn off yet :lol:

b20a86lude
10-06-2008, 07:49 AM
wow so i pulled it out and every thing is still new lokin but i need to replace jsut the seals sux the bushing were fine but oh weell