PDA

View Full Version : Really worried(tranny issue I think?)

codyJDM
06-18-2008, 05:48 AM
So I get in my car to go to school this morning, and start it as usual blah blah. But after a few seconds of idling, I hear a brushing/scraping/grinding sound for a few seconds and then it went away. And as I drove away it did it again? Once I got to the parking lot of school I popped the hood and it is coming from the trans. It sounds really bad, what could be the problem? I have been having a few issues with 5th gear lately, maybe shavings from 5th running through the tranny? My car has 280k miles btw. Please help :dunno:

codyJDM
06-18-2008, 06:51 AM
*edit again* Where can I get a throwout bearing? Apparently it isn't too bad to replace.

2oodoor
06-18-2008, 10:35 AM
could be a number of things, throw out bearing, input shaft bearing, no oil in tranny, try adjusting the cable some to get you some free play.

Oldblueaccord
06-18-2008, 10:46 AM
So I get in my car to go to school this morning, and start it as usual blah blah. But after a few seconds of idling, I hear a brushing/scraping/grinding sound for a few seconds and then it went away. And as I drove away it did it again? Once I got to the parking lot of school I popped the hood and it is coming from the trans. It sounds really bad, what could be the problem? I have been having a few issues with 5th gear lately, maybe shavings from 5th running through the tranny? My car has 280k miles btw. Please help :dunno:

Besides the oil you might be able to pull the inspection cover from below and look at whats going on inside there. I think you can pull it without pulling the trans.

As far as the TO bearing you got to pull the trans so you might as well do the clutch.

wp

ghettogeddy
06-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Besides the oil you might be able to pull the inspection cover from below and look at whats going on inside there. I think you can pull it without pulling the trans.

As far as the TO bearing you got to pull the trans so you might as well do the clutch.

wp

x2 if you do the bearing do the clutch its only a fe more bolts

codyJDM
06-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Im gonna do the clutch along with it. Its definitely the TO bearing, it has oil and it goes in gear very well. This sucks. Add it to the list. lol.

MessyHonda
06-19-2008, 10:01 AM
yeah that sucks....i only put honda MTF into my trans...if you really want a good clutch for stock stay with excedy and if you want performance get a clutchnet clutch