PDA

View Full Version : RPMs not droppinng between shifts?

codyJDM
06-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Well, they kinda do. When I put in the clutch(unless I'm downshifting) my RPMs don't drop to idle, they sit right around 2k until I give it a little gas then it goes down to 800. Its really annoying and is wasting a ton of gas. What could it be? I thought it would go away but it's not.. lol. Any help? Thanks :thumbup:

cygnus x-1
06-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Well, they kinda do. When I put in the clutch(unless I'm downshifting) my RPMs don't drop to idle, they sit right around 2k until I give it a little gas then it goes down to 800. Its really annoying and is wasting a ton of gas. What could it be? I thought it would go away but it's not.. lol. Any help? Thanks :thumbup:

Sounds like the throttle cable or linkage is sticking.

C|

codyJDM
06-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Sounds like the throttle cable or linkage is sticking.

C|

Never even thought of that. Ill look into it after class today. How can I fix it? Thanks man.

BITESIZE
06-23-2008, 07:05 AM
Slipping clutch? Bad idle?

codyJDM
06-23-2008, 07:08 AM
I always thought it was vacuum related and was messing with my idle, but the car idles perfectly(except for when I am driving and put the clutch in, it just stays at the current RPM or goes down to around 2k) My clutch grabs very well, never slips. idk.

2oodoor
06-23-2008, 07:17 AM
check the clutch cable housing is not lifting up and moving the throttle cable. They all are routed togehter but should be attached to something to something besides each other

codyJDM
06-23-2008, 07:25 AM
check the clutch cable housing is not lifting up and moving the throttle cable. They all are routed togehter but should be attached to something to something besides each other

Where do I find this?

2oodoor
06-23-2008, 08:00 AM
under the hood, you will see all the cables coming from the firewall just to the left of the master cyl, a little lower. They all come up and are side by side over the drivers side engine compartment. If what I say could be happening is, you will be able to see the clutch cable lift up when somebody pushes the clutch in. If it is, it possible could be lifting the accel cable with it and this could slightley pull on the throttle.

2oodoor
06-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Another thing I have noticed is that these cables become more sensative in warmer weather. Sometimes I have even had to readjust the throttle cable to have more slack if it was originally set in cool weather.

codyJDM
06-23-2008, 08:08 AM
under the hood, you will see all the cables coming from the firewall just to the left of the master cyl, a little lower. They all come up and are side by side over the drivers side engine compartment. If what I say could be happening is, you will be able to see the clutch cable lift up when somebody pushes the clutch in. If it is, it possible could be lifting the accel cable with it and this could slightley pull on the throttle.

k that's what I thought. I'll check that as well. I think I remember feeling my throttle cable sticking actually, I was revving it on the TB and it felt really sticky.

2oodoor
06-23-2008, 09:53 AM
clutch cable kinda flex's like a muscle :D

Civic Accord Honda
06-23-2008, 10:39 AM
mine does that sometimes it even likes to drive on its own and get stuck at wot lol

codyJDM
06-23-2008, 11:49 AM
You guys are the best. Problem solved. It was almost all of the above and a simple fix. The clutch and t-cable where in the same bracket on the firewall(no idea how or why)and my t-cable was too tight on the TB. IT runs incredibly now. Thanks again :thumbup:

A18A
06-23-2008, 12:08 PM
We're FTW like that :)

2oodoor
06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
hey they are supposed to be on the same bracket but not just attached to each other, the bracket keeps them from moving around. Glad you got it squared away though.:thumbup:

AccordB20A
06-23-2008, 05:43 PM
remidns me to fix my cruise control cable cause it jams my throttle open when i set cruise control on lol

Dr_Snooz
06-23-2008, 06:34 PM
mine does that sometimes it even likes to drive on its own and get stuck at wot lol

CAH, your car is a death-trap and possibly possessed by the devil. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
:devil:

AccordB20A
06-24-2008, 02:51 AM
very afraid ha

2oodoor
06-24-2008, 01:55 PM
berry frayed

Civic Accord Honda
06-24-2008, 02:25 PM
i r very very very afraid:omg::nervous: