PDA

View Full Version : fan problem

anubix
06-23-2008, 08:00 PM
I dont know about u all, but every once in a while an air bubble must get stuck near the bleed screw, and if i'm sitting in traffic or at a light for a while the car will get a little warmer than it should before the fans kick on (2/3 to 3/4).
My solution (coincidentally) since my ac compressor burned up long ago, was to remove (with tin-snips) the ac belt, so whenever the car gets too warm, I hit the ac button and turn the fan on low, which kicks on the cooling fans anyway.

NOW the fans wont come on at all when I turn on the ac switch + fan!!!
I know nothing about the ac except to leave it alone, can someone give me an idea of what to start checking please?

before I get flamed, I will say I replaced the water pump last may (gmb) and checked it again and replaced thermostat (160) when I put in the jdm motor just this past January. ALL the coolant hoses have been replaced (including those little fuckers all over the intake), ALL clamps (except on plastic receptors) have been switched over to screw down style, and there are NO LEAKS. I looked. ALOT, when it was hot and cold and I cant find any coolant anywhere. Don't know what else to do.

thanks
happy solstice

A18A
06-23-2008, 08:07 PM
have you checked all the fuses? relays?

Demon1024
06-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Theres a temp sensor on the radiator to check and a box under the passenger seat i think. I believe you take the plug off the sensor and short it the fans should come on if so replace the sensor. but don't try this just search for it. this is just a little info to help you find it, i know its on here this is where i learned it

AccordAroundMyNeck
06-25-2008, 03:04 AM
If you are getting an air bubble in your cooling system, and your vehicle is EFI, you will know it before the temp reads hot. The air will get trapped inside the EFI h20 channel, causing an erratic idle. You should run your vehicle until it completes 2 fan on off cycles normally. If it fails to do so loosen the schaeder valve located near the dizzy below or next to the fuel rail. let it flow at idle until all air is expelled. Tight schraeder valve refill system, and go for to complete fan cycles. Turn off vehicle, disconnect or remove appropriate fuse for ecu power. Wait 15 seconds reconnect bat. or reinstall fuse. Run engine through 2 fan cycles again, and readjust your air/fuel (idle jet) screw near the end of your intake where aluminum stops and plastic begins. Your fans should work on the tits for sure. if not replace the temp sending unit for the fan (just follow the wires) located differently for each application. This just proves that having a newborn that doesn't sleep will cause you to raddle on all night about nothing hope I typed what I was thinking.:nervous: