PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an cheap flex pipe

Brently
06-24-2008, 04:10 AM
Anyone know where I can buy a cheap flex pipe, or exhaust parts for an '87 accord hatchback? I've searched the board, but no luck...

Thanks...Brently

cygnus x-1
06-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Anyone know where I can buy a cheap flex pipe, or exhaust parts for an '87 accord hatchback? I've searched the board, but no luck...

Thanks...Brently

Flex pipes are usually not cheap, but a local exhaust shop is probably the easiest place to find one. Same for the rest of the parts.
Or ebay.

C|

forrest89sei
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM

Thanks...Brently

I have a BRAND NEW Borsal Flex Pipe, make me a offer

Brently
06-27-2008, 06:24 AM
forest, looks like I need a whole setup and the muffler is worse than the flex- damn! Do you have front to back without the cat?

I knew I would have to spend money on ole girl, but not right away. Got lucky and found her for $700. Needs struts, left front axle, engine mounts, door key lock cylinders (no key) and finish up with a good old fashioned California smog test.

Where are you all buying parts?

markmdz89hatch
06-27-2008, 11:37 AM
i do. this is for your hatch right? if so, then mine won't do you much good until after the cat. I pulled the whole cat-back of an '88 hatch I junked a few years ago, and have had the damn thing in my garage for a long time. I do have a brand new downpipe (flex) too, but it's for a DX (carb'd) so it's for the 4-1 exhaust manny. (I do have one of those too.)

Where are you located? If you're interested in any of it, PM me and I'll shoot you pics, details, etc.

lostforawhile
06-27-2008, 11:58 AM
usually the flex pip is good up to the flex coupling, just cut it off and have a muffler shop weld on a new flex coupling. any muffler shop can get those flexible couplings

forrest89sei
06-27-2008, 05:54 PM
forest, looks like I need a whole setup and the muffler is worse than the flex- damn! Do you have front to back without the cat?

I knew I would have to spend money on ole girl, but not right away. Got lucky and found her for $700. Needs struts, left front axle, engine mounts, door key lock cylinders (no key) and finish up with a good old fashioned California smog test.

Where are you all buying parts?

I have the Flex and the pipe after the cat, I don't have the muffler

Both those pipes are new

Brently
06-27-2008, 07:49 PM
I sent PM's. I'll try to share the wealth since everybody's got pieces. What else you got?

Brently